Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Reviews & Articles from the Web

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 15, 2014, 02:33 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

console culters won't care, they're too stupid.
Old May 15, 2014, 09:27 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
900P? What the crap?
pretty much my thought too. that and 792P. what the hell resolutions are these?

I'm sorry july, I couldn't see you behind all that feruary.
Old May 15, 2014, 10:08 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

900P is 1600 × 900....the same res as many OLD 15.6 'craptop' laptops
792P is 1408x792....which is a REAL oddball craptop resolution from eons ago.

Combine that with 30FPS...as you got all the hallmarks of a KILLER laptop gaming rig from the last century....that I bet will play DNF like a mofo...when it is eventually released!!!!111!!! ...I bet both are running on cutting edge Linux 2.6 :P

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old May 15, 2014, 11:54 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkG View Post
Combine that with 30FPS...as you got all the hallmarks of a KILLER laptop gaming rig from the last century....that I bet will play DNF like a mofo...
Old May 19, 2014, 05:13 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Won't be the last time! Same goes for Microsoft...
Old May 26, 2014, 07:21 PM
MVP

It's pitiful, just pitiful that the newest marketing gimmick is resolution and fps. At this point in the game 1080p at 60fps shouldn't even be thought of, it should be standard...and we should be beyond that standard. These new consoles are such a joke.

I was watching a bit of Watch Dogs gameplay earlier, and what a joke. All this hype surrounding the new insane graphic capabilities and blah blah blah. This game can't even touch GTAV visuals on the previous system. They pulled the overdone console graphics increase that consists of making things (cars) shinier and making people believe they improved graphics.
Old May 26, 2014, 07:39 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Hell after playing this game for a bit...I think Sony were brilliant. They redirected ire away from the lies over it being 'revolutionary' (its not) unto something that could be considered out of their control (the power of the consoles). The sad fact is the game is mediocre, bordering on boring. IE Oh look another sandbox that is poorly implemented compared to GTA series, meh graphics that vary between good to bad randomly...AND takes itself wayyyyy to seriously.

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old May 26, 2014, 08:15 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

I have to agree. I described it to the staff as Assassin's Creed Black Flag that's set in modern day Chicago. A poor-man's GTA knockoff.

The fact that you can wield a gun completely killed it for me. There's absolutely NO reason for it other than appealing to the niche that always requires some form of direct violence.

I was hoping for something genre-defining like another Beyond Good and Evil (if you don't know what I'm talking about, GO FIND OUT!) where hacking / brains are your only weapons. Instead I got GTA with less titties. For SHAME!
Old May 26, 2014, 08:39 PM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

hmmm. Why not for 9.99$.

Beyond Good and Evil? for download $9.99 - GOG.com
Old May 26, 2014, 09:15 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
That, Colony Wars and Homeworld will forever remain among my top games. They just don't make 'em like that anymore.