Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Reviews & Articles from the Web

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 7, 2013, 04:33 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
This could spell bad news for Quebec computer retailers. From a distribution standpoint, Supercom has pretty much been the only guy in town for years now.
I hear ya, my internship at one of the computer store's uses Supercom primarily for his purchases since it's in Montreal.

As for me, I wish they would offer access to residential address lol I tried applying but they said they cannot ship it to residential addresses (even though I legally have a domestic computer repair business)
Old March 13, 2013, 12:48 AM
Top Prospect

It just shows how competitive Canadian PC hardware market is. Although prices may be relatively higher than US, I think retail in Canada is generally very aggressive price (NCIX, MemEx, CanadaComputers and even some of the smaller mom and pop shops.)

Problem starts with the manufacturer pricing them out at a significantly higher price than US namely due to marketing costs and among other 'fees' that Canadians have to pay but at retail and distribution level, I think their margin is as thin as paper.