Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Reviews & Articles from the Web

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 17, 2013, 10:32 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default Corsair H90 & H110

I came really close to springing for an H100i this week. Turns out I'm glad I waited, as:

Corsair Supersizes liquid cooling radiators.

No word yet on when the H110i comes out, but when it does, I'll probably be springing for one. The top of my case supports 140mm fans on top, so this should fit the bill quite nicely.

HTPC: Z77A-G45; 3770K; Coolermaster GeminII; 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600Mhz; MSI R7-260X; 2x 128GB Crucial M4 SSD; 1TB WD Green, 2x 2TB WD Green; PC P&C 750W PS; Fractal Design Node 605;
Son's Rig: M5A97; 1055T; CNPS20LQ; 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz; ASUS GTX650Ti Boost; 80GB Intel 520 SSD; 320GB WD Black HDD; SPI 700W; Bitfenix Shinobi;
Old January 17, 2013, 10:47 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Someone must be listening to my complaints over the years.

Probably remade from the ones NZXT is releasing. Same OEM.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old January 17, 2013, 10:52 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
Someone must be listening to my complaints over the years.

Probably remade from the ones NZXT is releasing. Same OEM.

-ST
You mean Asetek :P
NZXT KRAKEN X40 - Asetek, Inc.

I am fighting with their RMA team right now but damn do they have some nice coolers
Contests will be done on there from now on :)
http://realhardwarereviews.com/
Always up for a Beer in Calgary or Area

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”
Old January 17, 2013, 11:47 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soullessone21 View Post
You mean Asetek :P
NZXT KRAKEN X40 - Asetek, Inc.

I am fighting with their RMA team right now but damn do they have some nice coolers
Most people know it so I didn't bother saying it. Since they are only two major players in the AIO solution market.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

Old January 17, 2013, 07:58 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Seems like nobody innovates any more with the same old pump blocks repackaged over and over. My only issue is that it's still the same plastic backplate with the same potential for stripped screws spinning around forever that I just experienced for the first time a week ago with a Kuhler 620

Old January 17, 2013, 08:02 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Actually while the form factors havent changed much the blocks ARE getting better. IIRC Asetek is on their 4th (or maybe its 5 now) revision. Coolit...about the same. Each one is better than the last.

Edit:
However I agree with you on Asetek installation procedure. Its antiquated compared to CoolITs latest gen.

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old January 17, 2013, 08:09 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkG View Post
Actually while the form factors havent changed much the blocks ARE getting better. IIRC Asetek is on their 4th (or maybe its 5 now) revision. Coolit...about the same. Each one is better than the last.

Edit:
However I agree with you on Asetek installation procedure. Its antiquated compared to CoolITs latest gen.

Yeah I gotta admit that Asetek needs to work on there mounting system quite a bit. Make it something more like Coolit and I'd be happy with either.

-ST

Old January 17, 2013, 09:47 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Swiftech H220 sounds real interesting to me. Swiftech H220 Showcase & REAL-WORLD Performance & Silence Demo Linus Tech Tips CES 2013 - YouTube
Old January 19, 2013, 12:38 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

110 for the cpu and a 90 on a gpu or 2.. feasible? How hard is it mounting an AIO cooler to a gpu and what can I then do to cool the other components with the original cooler gone.

I'm thinking of jumping in the SLI and high res end of the pool.. Worrier about cooling sli 670s in a cm690II without the thing taking off (great case but god is it loud)
Old January 21, 2013, 06:21 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzzope View Post
Worrier about cooling sli 670s in a cm690II without the thing taking off (great case but god is it loud)
Hehe, you find that, too? Try as I might, but I can't have great cooling and silence with that thing.

HTPC: Z77A-G45; 3770K; Coolermaster GeminII; 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600Mhz; MSI R7-260X; 2x 128GB Crucial M4 SSD; 1TB WD Green, 2x 2TB WD Green; PC P&C 750W PS; Fractal Design Node 605;
Son's Rig: M5A97; 1055T; CNPS20LQ; 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz; ASUS GTX650Ti Boost; 80GB Intel 520 SSD; 320GB WD Black HDD; SPI 700W; Bitfenix Shinobi;