Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Reviews & Articles from the Web (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/reviews-articles-web/)
-   -   Corsair H90 & H110 (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/reviews-articles-web/59193-corsair-h90-h110.html)

great_big_abyss January 17, 2013 10:32 AM

Corsair H90 & H110

I came really close to springing for an H100i this week. Turns out I'm glad I waited, as:

Corsair Supersizes liquid cooling radiators.

No word yet on when the H110i comes out, but when it does, I'll probably be springing for one. The top of my case supports 140mm fans on top, so this should fit the bill quite nicely.

Soultribunal January 17, 2013 10:47 AM

Someone must be listening to my complaints over the years.

Probably remade from the ones NZXT is releasing. Same OEM.

-ST

Soullessone21 January 17, 2013 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soultribunal (Post 684957)
Someone must be listening to my complaints over the years.

Probably remade from the ones NZXT is releasing. Same OEM.

-ST

You mean Asetek :P
NZXT KRAKEN X40 - Asetek, Inc.

I am fighting with their RMA team right now but damn do they have some nice coolers

Soultribunal January 17, 2013 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soullessone21 (Post 684960)
You mean Asetek :P
NZXT KRAKEN X40 - Asetek, Inc.

I am fighting with their RMA team right now but damn do they have some nice coolers

Most people know it so I didn't bother saying it. Since they are only two major players in the AIO solution market.

-ST

CroSsFiRe2009 January 17, 2013 07:58 PM

Seems like nobody innovates any more with the same old pump blocks repackaged over and over. My only issue is that it's still the same plastic backplate with the same potential for stripped screws spinning around forever that I just experienced for the first time a week ago with a Kuhler 620

AkG January 17, 2013 08:02 PM

Actually while the form factors havent changed much the blocks ARE getting better. IIRC Asetek is on their 4th (or maybe its 5 now) revision. Coolit...about the same. Each one is better than the last.

Edit:
However I agree with you on Asetek installation procedure. Its antiquated compared to CoolITs latest gen. :thumb:

Soultribunal January 17, 2013 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AkG (Post 685037)
Actually while the form factors havent changed much the blocks ARE getting better. IIRC Asetek is on their 4th (or maybe its 5 now) revision. Coolit...about the same. Each one is better than the last.

Edit:
However I agree with you on Asetek installation procedure. Its antiquated compared to CoolITs latest gen. :thumb:

Yeah I gotta admit that Asetek needs to work on there mounting system quite a bit. Make it something more like Coolit and I'd be happy with either.

-ST

Phill January 17, 2013 09:47 PM

Swiftech H220 sounds real interesting to me. Swiftech H220 Showcase & REAL-WORLD Performance & Silence Demo Linus Tech Tips CES 2013 - YouTube

Dzzope January 19, 2013 12:38 AM

110 for the cpu and a 90 on a gpu or 2.. feasible? How hard is it mounting an AIO cooler to a gpu and what can I then do to cool the other components with the original cooler gone.

I'm thinking of jumping in the SLI and high res end of the pool.. Worrier about cooling sli 670s in a cm690II without the thing taking off (great case but god is it loud)

great_big_abyss January 21, 2013 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dzzope (Post 685249)
Worrier about cooling sli 670s in a cm690II without the thing taking off (great case but god is it loud)

Hehe, you find that, too? Try as I might, but I can't have great cooling and silence with that thing.