Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Reviews & Articles from the Web

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 14, 2013, 09:15 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Lightbulb Linkys Zero Day ( theregister.uk )

DefenseCode turns up Linksys zero-day ? The Register

If you have a Linksys with stock software,

The vulnerability is there
Old January 15, 2013, 10:03 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Well if it's home routers, they already have a big problem in the not-fixed WPS Vulnerability: Cisco Security Response: Wi-Fi Protected Setup PIN Brute Force Vulnerability
There's still no patch for my WRT610n

Anyway from the comments on the video it looks like they'll have to get an executable into your network before triggering this issue:
Quote:
Hi Christopher,
We're still investigating some tricks to exploit this vulnerability from the internet, but for now, yes - it seems safe from the outside of the network. Of course, unless services are available from the internet.
Regards,
Leon Juranic
CEO
DefenseCode
...and if you have a hacker's executable in your network why would you worry about your router anyway
Old January 15, 2013, 01:07 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Some one got to something on my router 64 GB of upload. I'm capped so ya may be a problem at the end of month.
Old January 15, 2013, 01:33 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZLEE View Post
Some one got to something on my router 64 GB of upload. I'm capped so ya may be a problem at the end of month.
Time to knock on your neighbour's door and tell them to stop being douchebags. They are piggy backing off your internet. Change the admin password, turn off broadcasting, change the key etc etc.

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old January 15, 2013, 05:30 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Ya kind of did that 10 GB fore 7 days till it starts hurten ,

found it in time just !
Old January 15, 2013, 08:24 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

They can have fun trying to get 64GB out of my router - I set the broadcast power so low I barely get a connection at the other side of the house, let alone outside the house. (All PCs are on powerline Ethernet.)

Tags
co.uk , linkys , theregiser , zero day