Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Reviews & Articles from the Web (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/reviews-articles-web/)
-   -   Tagged RFID ( theregister.uk ) (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/reviews-articles-web/59060-tagged-rfid-theregister-uk.html)

ZZLEE January 9, 2013 10:19 PM

Tagged RFID ( theregister.uk )

Court rules Texas schoolgirl must be RFID tagged or expelled ? The Register

Locator beacons on school kids

where are are you no more :ph34r:

b1lk1 January 10, 2013 06:05 AM

THis is going too far. I don't want my kids GPS chipped.....

NyteOwl January 10, 2013 11:31 AM

Let her take the tag. Hen she gets home throw the badge in the microwave on high for 10 seconds. Problem solved :-)

LarkStarr January 10, 2013 12:32 PM

She was offered an unchipped lanyard, and still refused? I don't get that part..

Masteroderus January 10, 2013 04:42 PM

She was offered the unchipped lanyard only if she would stop making a fuss about the tagging of human children like we do cows here in Alberta.

This young woman has a ton of courage standing up for what is right.

Most people are completely ignorant of the number one cause of un-natural death in modern humans; democide. The forum spellchecker doesn't even recognize this word.

Doing things like keeping strict controls on where your citizens are at all times (the rfid doesn't have a switch remember) is a prelude to mass murder. If you think this is hyperbole, study just one of the top three democide nations, Nazi Germany, and see how things progressed from wearing a piece of flair, for your protection, to being moved out of neighborhoods, for your protection, to moving to "work camps", for your protection.

Would you like a shower for your own protection?

LarkStarr January 10, 2013 06:20 PM

It's RFID, not GPS - I don't believe you would be able to be traced outside of any sort of school scanner?

I honestly only skimmed the article, but to me it sounds like a form of ID, like any business would have, to grant access to certain rooms or etc.

dandelioneater January 10, 2013 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LarkStarr (Post 683601)
It's RFID, not GPS - I don't believe you would be able to be traced outside of any sort of school scanner?

I honestly only skimmed the article, but to me it sounds like a form of ID, like any business would have, to grant access to certain rooms or etc.

Yeah, RFID will ony work if you are within the range of the receivers. Still a slippery slope. The next step would be gps, then gps chips implanted under your skin.... etc...etc....

IRQ Conflict January 10, 2013 08:52 PM

You people are absolutely correct. It always starts small. Take away freedoms till you have no freedom. Incrementally, almost imperceptibly. Then one day your offspring will wonder what happened. Hpme schooling is one of the best measures to keep your kids from being indoctrinated by the state. They know this and it's why there is a big push from the left to make it illegal.

Larkstar. Read this. And this.

Also note how the fascists implement freedom destroying policies behind the guise of "safety and security"

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety" -Benjamin Franklin

Here is another of my favorite quotes: "Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." -Edmund Burke

ipaine January 11, 2013 12:01 AM

The official reason for the schools that are doing this is so they receive funding. Basically they way most of the publicly funded schools work is that if a student is not there for roll call in the morning the school doesn't receive funding for that student for that day. With these RFID chips they can see if the student is on school property and therefore get funding for that student for that day.

All that said I frankly think it is complete crap and no way in hell would I ever let my kids be tagged like that. My kids are humans not frikken cattle!!! Anyways I could always track them using their cell phones if I really wanted to.

But one thing about this case in particular, she got offered a lanyard without a RFID chip in it, but she still had to wear the lanyard that has a bar code with student info embedded into it. Also part of the reason she has been turned down is they are using religion as a reason not to wear it. So I'm pretty sure that is what really made her lose the case.

Dr_BenD_over January 12, 2013 03:21 PM

Just another step in preparing our youth for their lives as adult drones in the workplace. Just look at how many employers use this sort of tech. to keep track of their workers.