Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Reviews & Articles from the Web

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 12, 2013, 07:02 PM
Hall Of Fame

Out come the conspiracy theorists. Grow up guys, it's an enhanced form of identification, a system that has been in use for centuries. Card based access has been around for decades at least. I had a card at university to keep track of my tax free dollars I could spend and to give me access to secure rooms. There's no GPSing here, there's no sub-dermal implants here. This kind of system has been installed at various business and institutions for ages now. I have a hard time seeing how this is a real privacy concern, or how I lose a freedom. Are they going to restrict my access to a particular room..?

Plus, she was offered to carry a card without a chip and she still refused. This is mere silliness. Let's have some realism here. I would love to know if students were vandalizing school property, or if my employers were stealing product or supplies.

iPaine - you hypocrite. Why suggest that you would track them via cell phone if you think that kids shouldn't be tagged as such? That makes no sense. Besides, the RFID tags would work inside the school, and only inside the school. The Cell GPS would not only not work inside the school, it would be able to track your kids everywhere. Now that's a more scary thought.
Old January 12, 2013, 07:11 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Its one thing to track your OWN CHILD. Its another to allow the government to track your child, without your permission (after all this is the case here: wear the badge or go to another school. no opting out.).

Its one thing for an adult to wear a case badge for security at work. Its another to track the movements of children AT SCHOOL.

This crap is very 1984'ish. Get them used to big brother always watching them and that way when the next step is taken it will seem normal. This is why there should be zero 'give and take' on rights and freedoms. The extremists (right and left) will instead of taking them all at once...take small bite size pieces until there is nothing left but a slave.

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old January 12, 2013, 07:18 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

LarkStar, it's not about the tracking as much as it is who is doing the tracking. People that think "it could never happen here" are the ones that need to wake up. There is no conspiracy. Only history and human nature. Sure, ID in various forms have been used for centuries. So what?

Guns have been used for centuries as well. Should we arm the criminals? The gov't is the biggest criminal enterprise ever known to man. You put too much faith in those miscreants. Lets keep them at bay shall we? Don't let them stop representing us and taking what little we have left. Lets be truly "progressive" and move ever closer to true freedom and downsize gov't.

“How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” -Adolph Hitler

Last edited by IRQ Conflict; January 12, 2013 at 07:27 PM.
Old January 12, 2013, 07:26 PM
Hall Of Fame

A... school? Who do you think is doing the tracking? Perhaps the funding aspect of it is silly but the article didn't detail too much.

Again, this RFID can't kill people nor keep power over people. It's still only a tracking method. What weapon are we arming these people with?
Old January 12, 2013, 07:26 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Who has GPS enabled on there phone ??

track you anywhere there's phone towers

Tags
rfid , rights , tagged