Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Reviews & Articles from the Web

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 30, 2013, 07:34 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sf101 View Post
no build leaves our shop without start 8 because our customers literally cant figure out how to do anything without it.

I deployed a unit when it first released and they couldn't even turn it off that's how un-intuitive it really is as a example.

^^Agreed, Start 8 is on my new lappy. I tried to run with Win8 as configured but gave up after a couple of months.
Old January 30, 2013, 08:38 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sf101 View Post
I've been using windows 8 at work mainly to familiarize myself more with how it works and i still find it clunky. no build leaves our shop without start 8 because our customers literally cant figure out how to do anything without it.

I deployed a unit when it first released and they couldn't even turn it off that's how un-intuitive it really is as a example.
I tried to shut down the first Win8 laptop I was working on, couldn't figure it out. Finally grabbed my non tech woman to do it, you know, to see things from a "fresh" perspective.

She did it, but it took her a solid 10 minutes to do so.

What happened to intuitive?
Old January 30, 2013, 09:03 AM
Fallen Folder
F@H

My System Specs

We've got 2 tablets at work with 8 on them, I've had to try very hard to resist the temptation to hurl them at a wall. And the thing is, we're using them for apps that were originally designed for WinCe touch screen devices...
Old January 30, 2013, 06:18 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_BenD_over View Post
We've got 2 tablets at work with 8 on them, I've had to try very hard to resist the temptation to hurl them at a wall. And the thing is, we're using them for apps that were originally designed for WinCe touch screen devices...

I have had my share with Win 8 laptops that people couldn't figure out how to use.
Old January 30, 2013, 07:55 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

How did that make it out of QA? Are they trying to commit financial suicide?
Old February 1, 2013, 06:03 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perineum View Post
I tried to shut down the first Win8 laptop I was working on, couldn't figure it out. Finally grabbed my non tech woman to do it, you know, to see things from a "fresh" perspective.

She did it, but it took her a solid 10 minutes to do so.

What happened to intuitive?
No kidding! I recently acquired a tablet with windows 8, and I actually figured out how to shut it down but it took me WAY too long. There are a few ways to do it too but it's friggin ridiculous why they didn't stick a "button" on the start menu....bar....or whatever the hell you call it.

Overall though, I honestly like windows 8 on the tablet. I think in that environment metro is pretty smooth and slick. Most of the things you'll want is easily accessible like email, etc.. mind you I haven't had it that long and I haven't had too much time to play on it very extensively yet. Maybe 5 or 6 hours so far. So my opinion may change.

Last edited by Killswitch; February 1, 2013 at 06:28 AM.
Old February 1, 2013, 06:20 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I don't think anyone can argue that it's decent on a tablet. But they were way off making it the same for desktops/laptops etc.

/edit,

Just saw this and had to post it.. :D

Last edited by Dzzope; February 2, 2013 at 04:46 AM.