Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Reviews & Articles from the Web

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 8, 2012, 03:24 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default RIM phone stelthy ( theregester.uk )

RIM good for secret jobs: BlackBerry 10 cleared for Restricted data ? The Register

RIM Blackberry 10 Phone passes security tests in USA...

Phone of choice.
Old November 8, 2012, 03:58 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

If I ever convince myself to get a 'smartphone' I think it will be the BB10. I like RIM's security features and I just don't feel confident about Android.
Old November 27, 2012, 04:41 PM
Rookie

nice one RIM keep it up hope your new gen phones/devices are great long wait...:0)

RIG2 ABIT AB9-Pro - E6600 - 2x1gb Crucial Rendition 667 - thermalright eXtreme - Ultra Alluminus case - 7900 gtx 512mb - Silverstone ST56F - 1x500gb - 2x80gb - 1x120gb - LG dvd writer
validation
Old November 27, 2012, 08:32 PM
MVP

My System Specs

If bb can actually deliver on promises this time they may be saved in north america... However my worry is that by the time it comes out (and bug free but i doubt that) they may be eclipsed already
Old November 27, 2012, 10:02 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

I suspect that the US gov't level of security is much higher than typical corporate standards, but I know that a lot of oil companies already have third party software that lets apple and android phones meet their security standards. For a non-work phone, I'm not sure how many people are worried about their angry birds scores getting hacked.

BB has a huge uphill battle ahead of them vs Apple, Android and Win8 phones, but if they can keep/regain their niche as an ultra secure platform and put out quality competitive hardware they may have a chance to stay alive.
Old November 27, 2012, 11:03 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustin1706 View Post
I suspect that the US gov't level of security is much higher than typical corporate standards, but I know that a lot of oil companies already have third party software that lets apple and android phones meet their security standards. For a non-work phone, I'm not sure how many people are worried about their angry birds scores getting hacked.

BB has a huge uphill battle ahead of them vs Apple, Android and Win8 phones, but if they can keep/regain their niche as an ultra secure platform and put out quality competitive hardware they may have a chance to stay alive.
Truly secure devices won't be a niche market very shortly in North America once we start paying for everything with our phones... Like they already do in parts of Scandinavia. Once that begins there is no way I would trust my current iPhone to secure my transactional information.

Old November 28, 2012, 06:09 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

The general punlic already have so much secure data on their android phones this will make no real difference for them. Most people have no common sense and I cannot believe how many actually trust android platforms as they are so insecure.
Old November 28, 2012, 06:57 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1lk1 View Post
The general punlic already have so much secure data on their android phones this will make no real difference for them. Most people have no common sense and I cannot believe how many actually trust android platforms as they are so insecure.
I'm guessing you're typing on a phone right now ?

Old November 28, 2012, 06:59 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

If I were it would be my android phone since that is what I own.
Old November 29, 2012, 06:10 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1lk1 View Post
If I were it would be my android phone since that is what I own.
I can't believe how many people wear tinfoil hats all day :P

Tags
blackbarry 10 , rim , secuty , stelth