Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Reviews & Articles from the Web (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/reviews-articles-web/)
-   -   RIM phone stelthy ( theregester.uk ) (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/reviews-articles-web/57762-rim-phone-stelthy-theregester-uk.html)

ZZLEE November 8, 2012 02:24 PM

RIM phone stelthy ( theregester.uk )
 
RIM good for secret jobs: BlackBerry 10 cleared for Restricted data ? The Register

RIM Blackberry 10 Phone passes security tests in USA...

:ph34r: Phone of choice.

dandelioneater November 8, 2012 02:58 PM

If I ever convince myself to get a 'smartphone' I think it will be the BB10. I like RIM's security features and I just don't feel confident about Android.

skyline510 November 27, 2012 03:41 PM

nice one RIM keep it up hope your new gen phones/devices are great long wait...:0)

BigPhatPaulie November 27, 2012 07:32 PM

If bb can actually deliver on promises this time they may be saved in north america... However my worry is that by the time it comes out (and bug free but i doubt that) they may be eclipsed already

dustin1706 November 27, 2012 09:02 PM

I suspect that the US gov't level of security is much higher than typical corporate standards, but I know that a lot of oil companies already have third party software that lets apple and android phones meet their security standards. For a non-work phone, I'm not sure how many people are worried about their angry birds scores getting hacked.

BB has a huge uphill battle ahead of them vs Apple, Android and Win8 phones, but if they can keep/regain their niche as an ultra secure platform and put out quality competitive hardware they may have a chance to stay alive.

BeaverBender November 27, 2012 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dustin1706 (Post 673896)
I suspect that the US gov't level of security is much higher than typical corporate standards, but I know that a lot of oil companies already have third party software that lets apple and android phones meet their security standards. For a non-work phone, I'm not sure how many people are worried about their angry birds scores getting hacked.

BB has a huge uphill battle ahead of them vs Apple, Android and Win8 phones, but if they can keep/regain their niche as an ultra secure platform and put out quality competitive hardware they may have a chance to stay alive.

Truly secure devices won't be a niche market very shortly in North America once we start paying for everything with our phones... Like they already do in parts of Scandinavia. Once that begins there is no way I would trust my current iPhone to secure my transactional information.

b1lk1 November 28, 2012 05:09 PM

The general punlic already have so much secure data on their android phones this will make no real difference for them. Most people have no common sense and I cannot believe how many actually trust android platforms as they are so insecure.

BeaverBender November 28, 2012 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b1lk1 (Post 674085)
The general punlic already have so much secure data on their android phones this will make no real difference for them. Most people have no common sense and I cannot believe how many actually trust android platforms as they are so insecure.

I'm guessing you're typing on a phone right now ?

b1lk1 November 28, 2012 05:59 PM

If I were it would be my android phone since that is what I own.

JJThomp November 29, 2012 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b1lk1 (Post 674100)
If I were it would be my android phone since that is what I own.

I can't believe how many people wear tinfoil hats all day :P


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:02 PM.