Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Reviews & Articles from the Web

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 5, 2012, 08:40 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

While this is good news opengl can't compete with dx11 and eventually dx12 etc. I agree with AkG that this isn't very impressive as source is very old and outdated dx9 graphics. Opengl as far as I know can't do all the awesome things dx11 can do.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old August 7, 2012, 05:10 AM
MVP

Great news. I've always wanted a reason to make the move to a linux distro permanently. Ubuntu is so easy to install and use and everything almost always works great right from install. The only reason I don't use it is because of gaming and Netflix. If the two were to be available on linux I'd happily delete windows from my pcs. Gabe and Steam are going to save the PC gaming world from the deathgrip of microsoft.

Tags
left4dead , linux , opengl , valve