Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Exclamation Dust bunny ( theRegister.UK ) not fore the squemish

Filthy PCs: The X-rated circus of horrors ? The Register

extreem examples of Geek Horror :)
Old May 6, 2012, 05:16 PM
Allstar

Wow the last few pictures are pretty scary.
Old May 6, 2012, 07:07 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

It would take an army of little hampsters with shovels, dustpans, and brooms a long time to clean up those dust pits. I suddenly feel better about sometimes neglecting the regular cleaning of my own systems over the years. Wow!

The world is your oyster. Shuck away my friend, shuck away!
Old May 6, 2012, 07:45 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

look in comments on second page about a certan server :) and dry wall dust

edit "
That's nothing.

I once installed a server for a group at an office. They wanted to have it near the developers, so we mounted it alone in a 21 inch rack. The server worked for a year, and one day I got a call to "fix it". I went there and found that the floor had been remodeled, they were still fixing and sanding some dry panels in place near the server. I thought it might have been that someone plugged some power tool into the rack's outlet and the power flukes had blown a power supply. So we went to the server (a Compaq Proliant 2000) and opened it's lid. I saw no motherboard. Surprised, my first thought was "someone stole this server's motherboard!". Then I noticed two circular holes in the "bottom". I dragged my finger at the shiny grey surface I thought was the bottom of the server's case. It wasn't. It was a thick (about two inches deep) layer of dust from the driwalls that was sucked in by the server as the walls were being sanded!
The poor server had worked for weeks with its motherboard under a layer of dust several inches thick, but at one point it decided to give up. After a good session with the vacuum cleaner, the server resumed normal work. Very noble server. "

comments to origonal articale on the reg

Last edited by ZZLEE; May 6, 2012 at 07:50 PM.

Tags
bunny , dust , filth , pc hell