Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Reviews & Articles from the Web

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 12, 2012, 10:39 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

These days I don't really know who to call good developers anymore... I dislike Activision thanks to their crappy DRM attempts among other things and Ubisoft for similar reasons... EA is bad for making crappy or buggy or rushed games... When steam puts developer packs on sale, the square enix/thq pack was the only one I liked enough to buy lol.
Old April 12, 2012, 11:22 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painbringer71 View Post
Not that EA rushes its crap to the market for $ cough…Crysis 2 … Cough

There will be new breakouts that will grab market share as long as they put customer base first investor share second.

EA and Activision have vast distribution advantage to retail stores. Internet downloadable content is slowly taking that advantage away.
Origin?
Old May 3, 2012, 09:58 PM
MVP

Ohhh yeahhhhh THQ is going to get some help if this turns out to be as good as the first one!

Company of Heroes 2 incorporating next year - GameSpot.com
Old May 7, 2012, 07:45 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painbringer71 View Post
Not that EA rushes its crap to the market for $ cough…Crysis 2 … Cough

There will be new breakouts that will grab market share as long as they put customer base first investor share second.

EA and Activision have vast distribution advantage to retail stores. Internet downloadable content is slowly taking that advantage away.
This is the single biggest problem with EA. They rush everything and as a consequence everything is mediocre. ME3 for example had one of the shortest dev periods ever. The proper way to do this for the big companies would have a large catalog of games and then stagger their releases giving each enough time to be made into a great game. But EA and Activision just are in it for the cash grab.