Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Reviews & Articles from the Web

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 24, 2012, 08:26 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Default Antec Three Hundred Two Review @ Anandtech

I like basic looking and effective cases and the three hundred two fits that exactly. I have and love my original three hundred despite its lack of cable management. Looks good (to me) and keeps everything nice and cool. This new version adds cable management, improved cooling options, usb 3.0, HDD cage that is rotated 90 deg, PSU vent with filter, and more. Check out the review here if you are looking for budget cooling. The MSRP is a bit higher than the current three hundred, but I think it should come down fairly quickly.

AnandTech - Antec Three Hundred Two: Stay Cool, Budget Enthusiasts

One chart from the review:

Desktop: Antec Three Hundred, Z77-D3H, 3570K undervolt @4.1ghz with Zalman Optima Cooler, Corsair Vengeance 2x4gb@1866mhz, HD 6950(unlocked shaders and OC'd), Bitfenix Fury 750w, WD Black 1TB, Intel 530 120GB
Away from home light Gamer: Acer Aspire 15.6", A8-3500m undervolt and OC to 2Ghz, 2x4gb Corsair Vengeance, Crucial M500 240gb

Last edited by Bond007; January 24, 2012 at 09:17 AM.
Old January 24, 2012, 09:53 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

$80 no removable fan filters on intakes other than the PSU... I am disappointed.
Old January 24, 2012, 10:14 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Eh, I hate roated cages. I think more cases needed to do it in-line with the front fans (like on my A90). It makes for better Case Airflow, and cooler drives...

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old January 24, 2012, 10:50 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJThomp View Post
$80 no removable fan filters on intakes other than the PSU... I am disappointed.
Uh, what? The front panel has a single piece filter for both 120mm fans just like the original 300.

Personally, I think it's about time that they updated it but of all things, is it that hard to put a hole for the eps cable up top? or even a hole below the motherboard to thread the usb/audio cables through? Granted, these are both small things but in this price range, small details matter.

Hopefully retail price will be lower than msrp since I can't see any real reason to get this over a haf912

Old January 24, 2012, 11:31 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

There are still some faults in the case, but they did address the biggest problem with the original 300; cable management. I don't think its a case for everyone, but they did update it quite well IMO to keep it competitive. And airflow seems to be quite excellent considering its price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
Eh, I hate roated cages. I think more cases needed to do it in-line with the front fans (like on my A90). It makes for better Case Airflow, and cooler drives...

-ST
I agree. I prefer the better airflow as well, since I am not putting drives in and out like some people do (many seem to prefer the rotated cage). Original 300 has HDD cage inline front to back. That said it still performed excellent in this review for airflow despite the 90 deg rotated cage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post
Uh, what? The front panel has a single piece filter for both 120mm fans just like the original 300.
Agree. Front intake area is filtered as per the original 300. It seems the only intake that is not is the side intake....most cases seem to ignore a filter on the side and I have no idea why. I have it blocked off on my 300 so all the air enters at the front through the filter (a computer saver with my cat rolling around my computer putting hairs everywhere).
Desktop: Antec Three Hundred, Z77-D3H, 3570K undervolt @4.1ghz with Zalman Optima Cooler, Corsair Vengeance 2x4gb@1866mhz, HD 6950(unlocked shaders and OC'd), Bitfenix Fury 750w, WD Black 1TB, Intel 530 120GB
Away from home light Gamer: Acer Aspire 15.6", A8-3500m undervolt and OC to 2Ghz, 2x4gb Corsair Vengeance, Crucial M500 240gb
Old January 24, 2012, 02:24 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

It's about time Antec refreshes this case.. well, pretty much all their cases should be refreshed.. Yet the only reason' I'd buy this over let's say a HAF 912 is the more clean looking exterior.
Old January 24, 2012, 08:58 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post

Personally, I think it's about time that they updated it but of all things, is it that hard to put a hole for the eps cable up top? or even a hole below the motherboard to thread the usb/audio cables through? Granted, these are both small things but in this price range, small details matter.

Hopefully retail price will be lower than msrp since I can't see any real reason to get this over a haf912
I was looking all over in the review and I didn't see them mention it, I am no longer disappointed.
Old January 25, 2012, 06:09 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJThomp View Post
I was looking all over in the review and I didn't see them mention it, I am no longer disappointed.
You had me doubting the front filter. Went to the antec site and downloaded the manual for it. It says to access front filter you need to remove the front bezel...so it is the same front filter as the original three hundred.
Old January 25, 2012, 07:06 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Oh dear god that is an ugly case. :l I dunno why antec is evening continuing the series, they are no where near as popular as they once were.
Old January 25, 2012, 08:12 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by supaflyx3 View Post
Oh dear god that is an ugly case. :l I dunno why antec is evening continuing the series, they are no where near as popular as they once were.
Espically with the likes of Bitfenix, CM, NZXT and heck even Corsair cutting into this price range of cases. YOu really need to offer value and features to stand out.
I don't think this case does that nearly as well as it should anymore.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com