Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Reviews & Articles from the Web (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/reviews-articles-web/)
-   -   Interesting write up about Best Buy (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/reviews-articles-web/50131-interesting-write-up-about-best-buy.html)

moocow January 5, 2012 02:26 PM

Interesting write up about Best Buy

Basically, they suck at customer service.

Why Best Buy is Going out of Business...Gradually - Forbes

bigFOIG January 5, 2012 04:04 PM

Great read. I never buy from big box stores stores anyway.

crazyhorsejohnny January 5, 2012 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigFOIG (Post 586919)

If it's less expensive at BB or FS I have no problem purchasing an item there. Better to have $$$ in my pocket than somebody else.

enaberif January 5, 2012 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigFOIG (Post 586919)

yo dnt 90% of stores are big box

dlactin2408 January 5, 2012 09:58 PM

I buy most of my electronics online nowadays, but I still like to take a look at the futureshop or bestbuy flyer just in case something catches my eye. Interesting story though!

Jake_HT January 5, 2012 10:49 PM

I'm fed up with their customer service even from the rare occasion I go to FS/BB.. I'll NEVER go again and couldn't be happier to see their time run out.

I'll give my money to the stores that don't suck. This article is dead on

muse108dc January 6, 2012 12:30 AM

I walked into a best buy the other day to get something specific and spent half an hour to find an employee that could help us. It wasnt that the store was busy, it wasnt, but apparently they fired all their holiday staff before the end of their boxing week sale. It was so bad that a line formed behind us after we found someone.

For the most part I do try to avoid the big box and do buy online BUT they sometimes have decent prices on an item or two. And really, I like playing with electronics before I buy and there are few places that one can do that

lyquid_Metal January 6, 2012 08:08 AM

Think back 20 years, our parents did not grow up playing with computer and gagets, and tech was expensive ( I recently found out my original Nintendo was $300...), so they needed the stores for help, and they really had no alternative for online. Today, stores can't compete as everyone grows up learning on computers, and with online pricing sites, you can always find the best deal in seconds... So long box stores, we are all living in a membership costco world...lol

chrisk January 6, 2012 08:15 AM

BB or FS is good for some things. I would never buy a monitor or TV without seeing it in person. I have read great reviews on these items and thought they looked like crap compared to 'lesser' models with poorer reviews.

I'll tell ya one thing...I would shop at FS or BB over Walmart any day.

Shadowmeph January 6, 2012 09:57 AM

I have never order from them because they don't have PP