Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Reviews & Articles from the Web

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 8, 2008, 12:59 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

well it is insanly poor quality but cools the CPU down a lot.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old March 8, 2008, 03:06 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

But it cannot handle sustained load temperatures. You would burn it out in a day. It is just horrible really.
Old March 12, 2008, 03:10 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I want to add something to this. Tony from OCZ has been updating this story on XS and he has been extremely forward about what is going on and telling the whole story. I commend him and OCZ for giving out the truth and not covering it up. Shows you how much of a stand up company they are atleast.
Old March 12, 2008, 05:20 PM
Hall Of Fame

I swear, either Tony's a masochist, or he's being paid an insane amount of money to stand in the line of fire like he does.

Looks like this will be a largely forgettable endeavor, but I suppose that I appreciate OCZ's attempt nonetheless. If the more mainstream enthusiast market wants anything more than the same old crap in a different shape, with extra LED's, some brave manufacturer has to take the plunge.
Old March 13, 2008, 06:15 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

The term "Human Shield" comes to mind. I bet he does get paid quite well to fend of that mass of haters he deals with on a daily basis. I too believe this was doomed before it even got off the ground. The real reason in my mind is that you would have had complete morons trying to run phase change burning parts up. This is something best left to the people that can handle it.