LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 19, 2011, 07:09 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Default Noctua looking after its customers who buy SB-E

Saw this on TPU.

Noctua Announces Free Upgrade for LGA2011 | techPowerUp
The oath to serve your country did not include a contract for normal luxury, and comforts enjoyed within our society. On the contrary it implies hardships, loyalty and devotion to duty, regardless of rank
Old October 19, 2011, 07:46 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Good find Perry, I am not suprised though.

I may absolutely hate the colour of their Fans, but Noctua really takes care of its customers.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old October 19, 2011, 09:14 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Noctua indicated they'd do precisely this when they announced free 1155 adapters for current heatsink owners at the time Sandy Bridge was released.
Old October 19, 2011, 10:47 PM
Top Prospect

why does intel keep changing the mounting holes? I swear they do things purposely to make upgrading harder.
Old October 19, 2011, 11:15 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleyg5 View Post
why does intel keep changing the mounting holes? I swear they do things purposely to make upgrading harder.
So you have to buy new hardware and spend money.

But i have to say though, thats a very good gesture coming from Noctua. Noctua even offered me new mounting brackets for my fans. I even offered to pay for it but they just sent it to me once i send them a pic of my fan.

Definitely supporting them next time once i find a product of theirs that work for me.

Gaming Rig:

-Swiffy MCP35x X2 & 240 Rad, (2) 480 EX XSPC Rad, Heatkiller rev. 3.0, i7 3930k @ 4.7 Ghz, 16 GB G.SKILL F3, Asus Rampage IV Extreme, XFX R9 290 w/ XPSC WB, Crucial M4 128GB & 240 GB Intel 530, (5) 3 TB Toshiba Drive, Corsair AX1200, Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit

HTPC Rig:

-AMD 1100T, Gigabyte UD5, 16 GB G.Skill RAM, Asus 650ti Boost, 500 GB WD Black, (5) 2 TB WD Green, (1) 3 TB Toshiba HD, (1) 2 TB Samsung F4, Fractal Design R3, Antec 650 watt PS, Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Old October 20, 2011, 02:24 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I might be an oddball then ST, I happen to like the colours of their fans. That and they fit with a theme for build I am mullling over.
The oath to serve your country did not include a contract for normal luxury, and comforts enjoyed within our society. On the contrary it implies hardships, loyalty and devotion to duty, regardless of rank
Old October 20, 2011, 04:31 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerryC View Post
I might be an oddball then ST, I happen to like the colours of their fans. That and they fit with a theme for build I am mullling over.
You are an odd ball though that's besides the point .

Well if you keep adding and changing the number of pins on your chip, adding damn near another 1000 compare to what you have now with 1155 to 2011 you're going to need to change the socket around slightly. Also, each architecture could lay parts out differently causing, I dunno Intel just likes to be different
Old October 20, 2011, 05:45 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleyg5 View Post

For some of the upgrading done yes I agree, even EVGA Proved you could put LGA775 Mounting points on 1156 Motherboards. It was bad buisness practice to change that around.

However, with 2011 there is such a fundemental shift in both chip size/pin count and needing memory slots on both sides of the chip that you could not avoid it.

Good to see that Noctua is stepping up to the plate.

PerryC - Yeah, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Not my colour, great fans though.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old December 2, 2011, 04:58 AM
Top Prospect

..and that is how it should be done
Old December 2, 2011, 05:06 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
Good find Perry, I am not suprised though.

I may absolutely hate the colour of their Fans, but Noctua really takes care of its customers.

-ST

For all the haters.

I got my pearl white noctua nh-d14 in my pearl white silverstone raven. Krylon Fusion is THE paint for fans.