Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Reviews & Articles from the Web

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 7, 2011, 03:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarJ View Post
Why do some of you feel it's inappropriate to pay respect to a man who died too young with 4 children? Sometimes the absolute lack of respect shown for others by some members on this board sickens me.
Lots of people die too young. Why aren't you posting paying your respects to them, too? Especially, families that don't have the same kind of money and didn't make fortunes on selling overly expensive electronic gadgets that people don't need.
Old October 7, 2011, 06:38 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borg View Post
Lots of people die too young. Why aren't you posting paying your respects to them, too? Especially, families that don't have the same kind of money and didn't make fortunes on selling overly expensive electronic gadgets that people don't need.
Because the people I pay my respects to were not always in the spotlight but they still get my support and prayers. And Who am I to decide when One life is more important than another or when one loss isn't as gevious. Apparently you can.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com

Last edited by Soultribunal; October 7, 2011 at 06:45 AM.
Old October 7, 2011, 08:29 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Pay some respect? I am doing that by not posting some of the jokes already spreading about his death.

Mourning his loss? He's not my family, no need to mourn a loss because there is no personal loss to me. I cannot comprehend how people are taking this on a personal level like we are insulting the death of one of their family. He did nothing for society except make himself rich. What were his charitable contributions? Who did he help besides himself? Seriously, it is YOU that has the warped morals for mourning the loss of a businessman who had no care about making the world a better place for anyone except himself.
Old October 7, 2011, 08:42 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1lk1 View Post
Pay some respect? I am doing that by not posting some of the jokes already spreading about his death.

Mourning his loss? He's not my family, no need to mourn a loss because there is no personal loss to me. I cannot comprehend how people are taking this on a personal level like we are insulting the death of one of their family. He did nothing for society except make himself rich. What were his charitable contributions? Who did he help besides himself? Seriously, it is YOU that has the warped morals for mourning the loss of a businessman who had no care about making the world a better place for anyone except himself.
Exactly.

Ohhh a rich guy died omg, let's hold hands and cry. His greatest achievement was making billions off of sweat shop labour (though everyone does that), and marketing overpriced crap to sheep.
Old October 7, 2011, 10:04 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
Because the people I pay my respects to were not always in the spotlight but they still get my support and prayers. And Who am I to decide when One life is more important than another or when one loss isn't as gevious. Apparently you can.

-ST
That is false and inaccurate. I, in no way, implied this so not sure where you are getting it. Straw man?

I only asked why this particular guy and not others? Simple question.
Old October 7, 2011, 10:23 AM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
That is false and inaccurate. I, in no way, implied this so not sure where you are getting it. Straw man?

I only asked why this particular guy and not others? Simple question.

A thread concerning the death of Steve Jobs is appropriate for this forum as he was an important player in the tech industry, and this is a tech site.
Fold for team #54196
Old October 7, 2011, 10:55 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarJ View Post
Why do some of you feel it's inappropriate to pay respect to a man who died too young with 4 children? Sometimes the absolute lack of respect shown for others by some members on this board sickens me.
Quote:
If you took the time to look back, you'd find threads on this board where I've posted my respects for others who have died too young, regardless of what I felt personally about their lives/careers. It's always a shame when someone dies too young, and it's a trigger for me to reflect on those in my life who have passed away before their time too.

No matter what you feel about the man's professional career, I consider it ill-mannered to post in here hacking on him immediately after his death.

I believe this thread has run it's course.
Closed Thread