Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Reviews & Articles from the Web

    
Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #71 (permalink)  
Old October 7, 2011, 03:47 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 206
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarJ View Post
Why do some of you feel it's inappropriate to pay respect to a man who died too young with 4 children? Sometimes the absolute lack of respect shown for others by some members on this board sickens me.
Lots of people die too young. Why aren't you posting paying your respects to them, too? Especially, families that don't have the same kind of money and didn't make fortunes on selling overly expensive electronic gadgets that people don't need.
  #72 (permalink)  
Old October 7, 2011, 06:38 AM
Soultribunal's Avatar
Moderator
F@H
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 8,066

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borg View Post
Lots of people die too young. Why aren't you posting paying your respects to them, too? Especially, families that don't have the same kind of money and didn't make fortunes on selling overly expensive electronic gadgets that people don't need.
Because the people I pay my respects to were not always in the spotlight but they still get my support and prayers. And Who am I to decide when One life is more important than another or when one loss isn't as gevious. Apparently you can.

-ST
__________________




"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com

Last edited by Soultribunal; October 7, 2011 at 06:45 AM.
  #73 (permalink)  
Old October 7, 2011, 08:29 AM
b1lk1's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Lindsay, Ontario
Posts: 2,502

My System Specs

Default

Pay some respect? I am doing that by not posting some of the jokes already spreading about his death.

Mourning his loss? He's not my family, no need to mourn a loss because there is no personal loss to me. I cannot comprehend how people are taking this on a personal level like we are insulting the death of one of their family. He did nothing for society except make himself rich. What were his charitable contributions? Who did he help besides himself? Seriously, it is YOU that has the warped morals for mourning the loss of a businessman who had no care about making the world a better place for anyone except himself.
__________________
MY HEATWARE
  #74 (permalink)  
Old October 7, 2011, 08:42 AM
Bao Bao is offline
Top Prospect
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 231
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1lk1 View Post
Pay some respect? I am doing that by not posting some of the jokes already spreading about his death.

Mourning his loss? He's not my family, no need to mourn a loss because there is no personal loss to me. I cannot comprehend how people are taking this on a personal level like we are insulting the death of one of their family. He did nothing for society except make himself rich. What were his charitable contributions? Who did he help besides himself? Seriously, it is YOU that has the warped morals for mourning the loss of a businessman who had no care about making the world a better place for anyone except himself.
Exactly.

Ohhh a rich guy died omg, let's hold hands and cry. His greatest achievement was making billions off of sweat shop labour (though everyone does that), and marketing overpriced crap to sheep.
  #75 (permalink)  
Old October 7, 2011, 10:04 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 206
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
Because the people I pay my respects to were not always in the spotlight but they still get my support and prayers. And Who am I to decide when One life is more important than another or when one loss isn't as gevious. Apparently you can.

-ST
That is false and inaccurate. I, in no way, implied this so not sure where you are getting it. Straw man?

I only asked why this particular guy and not others? Simple question.
  #76 (permalink)  
Old October 7, 2011, 10:23 AM
chrisk's Avatar
Folding Captain
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: GTA, Ontario
Posts: 7,403

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borg View Post
That is false and inaccurate. I, in no way, implied this so not sure where you are getting it. Straw man?

I only asked why this particular guy and not others? Simple question.

A thread concerning the death of Steve Jobs is appropriate for this forum as he was an important player in the tech industry, and this is a tech site.
__________________
Fold for team #54196
  #77 (permalink)  
Old October 7, 2011, 10:55 AM
SugarJ's Avatar
Moderator
F@H
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Langley, BC
Posts: 6,085

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarJ View Post
Why do some of you feel it's inappropriate to pay respect to a man who died too young with 4 children? Sometimes the absolute lack of respect shown for others by some members on this board sickens me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borg View Post
Lots of people die too young. Why aren't you posting paying your respects to them, too? Especially, families that don't have the same kind of money and didn't make fortunes on selling overly expensive electronic gadgets that people don't need.
If you took the time to look back, you'd find threads on this board where I've posted my respects for others who have died too young, regardless of what I felt personally about their lives/careers. It's always a shame when someone dies too young, and it's a trigger for me to reflect on those in my life who have passed away before their time too.

No matter what you feel about the man's professional career, I consider it ill-mannered to post in here hacking on him immediately after his death.

I believe this thread has run it's course.
Closed Thread


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Steve Jobs Resigns as Apple CEO Sam_Reynolds Press Releases & Tech News 2 August 25, 2011 07:26 AM
Steve Jobs Resigns headsh0t Reviews & Articles from the Web 7 August 25, 2011 01:09 AM
Apple's Steve Jobs to take medical leave SugarJ Press Releases & Tech News 3 January 17, 2011 10:55 AM
Ghetto rig jobs Jake_HT Off Topic 7 October 17, 2010 01:56 PM
Apple CEO Steve Jobs to Take Medical Leave of Absence Chilly Press Releases & Tech News 5 January 14, 2009 02:48 PM