Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Reviews & Articles from the Web

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 6, 2011, 10:22 AM
Top Prospect

Sad for his family, but if this triggers the end of Apple (and their annoying fanbase) then this is just pure awesome.

The fact that people are so sad over a successful business man versus real heroes, like the random cop that's not a crook, fire fighters, our armed forces, etc etc, shows how shallow society is.
Old October 6, 2011, 10:31 AM
"Quote This..."
F@H

There are hundreds of Hippies protesting on wall street right now, who are crying over the death of the CEO of one of the biggest mega-corporations. Hypocrisy at its finest.

Say what you want about apple's hardware. But thank god for their focus on a pleasant, intuitive and uncluttered user interface.
Old October 6, 2011, 10:43 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

It's sad he died of cancer, suck's to die this way.

But what's even more sad, is that people care more about him than the one's who really did important things for humanity as a whole. (Like AkG said)

Really people? A businessman that wanted nothing else than your money? Sure he brought good things to us technology-wise (WWW, 3D movies...) , he even went and created a useless need for us all, the tablet (well, he made the first successful one) for the sake of capitalism, oh and let's not forget he brought us the ''your device is obsolete 4 months after you buy it'', ya really a great guy.

I can only hope Apple will sink now.
Old October 6, 2011, 11:21 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Even if you are an apple hater,you can't deny that jobs was an innovator and a business genious.
Server - i5 3450, Asus P8Z77-I Deluxe, 4GB DDR3, LSI MegaRAID 9240-8I, OCZ Vertex 4 120GB, 2x SG Barracuda 3TB(RAID1), 2x WD green 2TB(RAID1), Fractal Design Array R2, WHS 2011
Old October 6, 2011, 11:30 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Grow the frak up ppl a person died, whether he was a ceo, a noble peace prize winner, a cop, or a peasant. It is a loss of life to someone that was fairly young, regaurdless of what the man did or did not do he still leaves behind a family and friends.
It is funny how someones death or life was somehow of more value than others every loss is just that a loss.
And before some asshat comes out and says I am a apple fan the last apple i used was over 30 years ago, I hated the overpriced hardware and tactics but that doesnt mean the man wasnt a human being that sorry did not deserve to die from cancer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old October 6, 2011, 12:18 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supergrover View Post
Grow the frak up ppl a person died, whether he was a ceo, a noble peace prize winner, a cop, or a peasant. It is a loss of life to someone that was fairly young, regaurdless of what the man did or did not do he still leaves behind a family and friends.
It is funny how someones death or life was somehow of more value than others every loss is just that a loss.
And before some asshat comes out and says I am a apple fan the last apple i used was over 30 years ago, I hated the overpriced hardware and tactics but that doesnt mean the man wasnt a human being that sorry did not deserve to die from cancer.
While some part of your point may be true, what I find funny about this situation is this : a whole lot of people seen this guy as a total asshole/bastard while he was alive and now that he died of cancer (I sure do not wish that to anyone, not even those I hate the most) they almost praise him as the best thing known to mankind. Hypocrites much IMO.
Old October 6, 2011, 12:51 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Very sad news actually. Especially for all us techno-geeks that "grew up" with the guy and his creations.

He should have never left the second 'm' out of iMortal.
System Spec Peripherals: Corsair H70 cpu cooler (w/ 2 120mm Scythe Gentle Typhoon 1850rpm fans) | Zalman MFC3 fan controller | Gigabyte Aivia Osmium kb | Steelseries Sensei mouse | Logitech Z-2300 2.1 speakers | SteelSeries SX mouse surface
For the real serious stuff: 2.53GHz Mac Mini | 4GB DDR3 1066 RAM | 320GB HDD | Samsung P2250 (x2) | Apple Magic Mouse | Apple Magic Trackpad | Apple Wireless KB | Drobo FS 6.5TB
Laptops: Dell XPS M1530 | Asus G74SX-DH71
Surface Pro 128GB
Old October 6, 2011, 02:35 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Say what you want about his company and the way he approached things, but there's no denying the impact he has had in making people a little more tech saavy.

IMO the tech world is a little sadder without Steve Jobs.
Old October 6, 2011, 02:41 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultraman7k View Post
Say what you want about his company and the way he approached things, but there's no denying the impact he has had in making people a little more tech saavy.

IMO the tech world is a little sadder without Steve Jobs.
People who use iphones and ipods and ipads are not tech savvy at all. They are just able to use software that basically holds their hand. Hell the same people who buy a iphone would buy a iPee if it would help them piss and wipe while talking on a iphone.
Old October 6, 2011, 05:14 PM
Associate Review Editor

There's so much senseless bile in this thread that it's making my head spin.

I would admonish some of you individually, but you're clearly not worth the effort.

I will tackle this one though:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamb View Post
a whole lot of people seen this guy as a total asshole/bastard while he was alive and now that he died of cancer (I sure do not wish that to anyone, not even those I hate the most) they almost praise him as the best thing known to mankind. Hypocrites much IMO.
I haven't seen that in the least, but I have seen those who vehemently dislike Steve Jobs and/or Apple become total assholes/bastards (as you so tactfully put it). I don't find it hypocritical though, since most of those people were that way beforehand as well.
Closed Thread