Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Reviews & Articles from the Web

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 6, 2011, 12:16 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

RIP Steve. Found out earlier on my iPhone 4. A product that has changed the way I operate.
Old October 6, 2011, 01:35 AM
Allstar

Unhappy Steve Jobs 1955 - 2011

Steve Jobs has passed away at age 56 . I'm sure much will be said about him but I just wanted to take this moment to respect a visionary. Steve Jobs has had such a huge influence on innovation across a variety of different industries that his passing shouldn't go unmentioned. It's very sad news. Whether or not you liked his products and/or agreed with his strategies, you cannot deny the massive way he ended up impacting innovation and the lives of millions of people. It's really worth the time to sit back and reflect on how different a world we might live in if it hadn't been for Steve Jobs, and also to regret how much more he might have accomplished. Truly a sad day.

CHEERS
Old October 6, 2011, 02:01 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisk View Post
Sad to see. Not an Apple fan as whole, but you cannot deny that he was an industry titan.
Could'nt say it better.
Old October 6, 2011, 02:01 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Well written.

Rest in peace Mr. Jobs
My condolences to his family & friends, and the Apple family.

Last edited by Grampa; October 6, 2011 at 03:03 AM.
Old October 6, 2011, 05:37 AM
Allstar

So young ... he will be missed.

Apple co-founder, Chairman Steve Jobs dies | Apple - CNET News
Old October 6, 2011, 06:27 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

So while he was alive most people thought he was a bastard but now he's dead opinion changes?

He was a parasite but atleast he affected the ignorant elite the most with his overpriced and underwhelming products. Other than the iPhone he made nothing revolutionary and would hardly be a blip on the radar if it wasn't for his brilliant marketing. WHo else would have imagined you could shove low end hardware into a shiny box and make so much money.
Old October 6, 2011, 07:04 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

There will always be two sides of the debate about Steve Jobs and Apple itself but there is no denying that both did quite a bit to move the technology market forward.
Old October 6, 2011, 07:47 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1lk1 View Post
So while he was alive most people thought he was a bastard but now he's dead opinion changes?

He was a parasite but atleast he affected the ignorant elite the most with his overpriced and underwhelming products. Other than the iPhone he made nothing revolutionary and would hardly be a blip on the radar if it wasn't for his brilliant marketing. WHo else would have imagined you could shove low end hardware into a shiny box and make so much money.
While I do agree with you as I said before and as Skymtl said you can't deny the influence he has had on technology and the world. Whether or not you think it to be good or bad.

Old October 6, 2011, 08:04 AM
MVP

As I browse articles about iphone vigils and how society has lost a "great man", I can't help but to think that people in our society must be absolutely desperate for meaning in their lives to have found it in personal electronics, a brand, and a successful CEO.
Old October 6, 2011, 08:14 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

While I wish the man wasnt dead of cancer. I do wish that more attention was being paid dr steinman who actually DID do something to help humaity. He died only a couple days ago / week'ish ago and except for a blurb on him winning a noble prize posthumously not much has been said about a truly great man. Really sad comment on our society. :(

Montreal-born doctor gets posthumous Nobel honour - Canada - CBC News

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Closed Thread