LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 5, 2011, 05:33 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

RIP Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old October 5, 2011, 05:33 PM
Top Prospect

If Pixar alone was his legacy, then ...well.... Pixar. What more needs saying?
Old October 5, 2011, 05:35 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herne View Post
If Pixar alone was his legacy, then ...well.... Pixar. What more needs saying?
My understanding is that he just purchased Pixar so not really his legacy.

That said I did not like the man, but no one can deny the huge influence he has had on technology and or entire world.

Old October 5, 2011, 05:36 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

My condolences to his family. Like the man or hate the man.... 56 is too young. I truly hope it was a peaceful death. Crying shame and hopefully this doesnt spell the end of Apple as well.

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old October 5, 2011, 05:37 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaine View Post
My understanding is that he just purchased Pixar so not really his legacy.

That said I did not like the man, but no one can deny the huge influence he has had on technology and or entire world.
That is correct:

Pixar History - 1986
Old October 5, 2011, 05:38 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkG View Post
My condolences to his family. Like the man or hate the man.... 56 is too young. I truly hope it was a peaceful death. Crying shame and hopefully this doesnt spell the end of Apple as well.
Will be interesting to see Apple's stock by this time tomorrow.
Fold for team #54196
Old October 5, 2011, 05:42 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

Lost a brilliant person.
Old October 5, 2011, 05:45 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFish View Post
There was a time when everyone expected Apple would be dead by the end of the 90's.

Steve Jobs made sure that didn't happen. His legacy is more than just an iPhone or an iPad, it's the fact that today, you can actually buy an Apple product.
Microsoft invested 150 million dollars to help Steve Jobs save a dying Apple, but never gets any credit. :p

I see his legacy different than most because I believe the capabilities of Apple products are grossly over-hyped. While people were using MP3 players, downloading digital music and playing Quake on smartphones for years prior, Apple made these products accessible to a mainstream market that had struggled with technology for 20+ years. More than Apple innovates, they refine and repackage.

He also used his experience and contacts from Pixar and Disney to bridge the gap between the entertainment industry and online services. The introduction of iTunes wasn't remarkable as concept, software, or technology, but its licensing agreements and business model were.

So to me, the true legacy of Steve Jobs is bringing the benefits of modern information technology to the mainstream population.
Old October 5, 2011, 05:46 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I respected the man. a titan. dont like his products, but considering what he has done to the electronics industry as a whole.... he'll be missed

My Rig: Motivation 2.0
----------------
Build log - Motivation: Sponsored by Galaxy and Corsair
---------------
Check out the HardwareCanucks Youtube Channel for News/Reviews and more!
Instagram Twitter
Old October 5, 2011, 05:50 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Wow. Everyone was expecting this to happen at some point, but once it comes you can't really believe you're reading it. At least not this soon after he stepped down from CEO. This is a huge loss to the world of tech as we know it.

R.I.P. Steve Jobs.
Closed Thread