Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Reviews & Articles from the Web

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 16, 2011, 10:43 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default Corsair Vengeance Gaming Peripherals

Quote:
In a private media event this week Corsair unveiled its latest contribution to the PC industry: gaming keyboards, mice and headsets. All of these new peripherals fall under the Vengeance brand. The motivation behind this move is simple: starting with memory and eventually expanding into power supplies, SSDs and cases, Corsair wants to be your one-stop shop for nearly everything you need for your PC. The CPU, motherboard and video card markets are either impossible to get into or undesirable for a manufacturer that doesn't already play in those spaces, leaving peripherals as one of the only options for expansion.
AnandTech Link

TPU #1
TPU #2

A little curious about the OEM's for the headsets, but given Corsair's first offerings I'm not that excited.

The keyboard on the other hand... They used Cherry Reds that aren't readily available on the mass market, but are perfect for gaming and still good for typing as long as you aren't prone to accidental keypresses.

I really like the button layout on the M90, Corsair did a WAY better job than Razer and their Naga.

The lower end mouse looks like a cleaner looking version of the RAT 7 without the customizeable chassis.

I also like how tall both the mice look, it should be suitable for both palm and claw grips provided you don't have a tiny hand.

EDIT: I forgot to add, all aluminum construction, brushed and sandblasted, very smexy.

Last edited by ilya; September 16, 2011 at 11:05 AM.
Old September 16, 2011, 02:51 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

It's about time someone made a keyboard using Cherry Red switches. I'm looking forward to trying one.

Must admit, however, that I'm disappointed in Corsair for using a right hand only design on the mice.
Old September 16, 2011, 03:42 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

the many buttoned mouse.

i am intrigued.
Old September 16, 2011, 06:43 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

The K60 is pretty cheap for a cherry red like that. 109$ ( US ) but that's corsair price, retail will probably be lower. Mechanical to the mass!!!! YAYY!!!

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old September 16, 2011, 08:04 PM
Rookie

I occasionally accidentally bump a key that I didn't mean to press on my leopold (mx browns), so I really wouldn't want to opt for reds. I don't honestly see the point of going with reds... The force required for the browns is low enough, and causes no strain. Maybe if the buyer was a senior
Old September 16, 2011, 08:24 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I was waiting for corsair to join the peripherals market.. and i like what i see.
Old September 16, 2011, 09:53 PM
Top Prospect

Interesting read...thanks for the link! It's crazy to think that just 5 years or so back, Corsiar really only manufactured RAM at the time. Then they add PSUs, SSDs, Cases, Coolers, etc... soon enough you'll be able to make an entire Corsair PC :P Regardless, they seem to have a knack for getting things right. Looking forward to the reviews!
Old September 17, 2011, 02:41 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herrmoo View Post
I occasionally accidentally bump a key that I didn't mean to press on my leopold (mx browns), so I really wouldn't want to opt for reds. I don't honestly see the point of going with reds... The force required for the browns is low enough, and causes no strain. Maybe if the buyer was a senior
Cherry Reds actually have the same actuation force as Cherry Browns. The difference is that the reds are non-tacticle.

You might be confusing it with the Cherry Black, which is also non-tacticle but requires more actuation force than either Brown or Red.
Old September 17, 2011, 02:53 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Is it just me or do the headsets seem to be HS1's in drag?
Old September 17, 2011, 03:19 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

because they are.