LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 24, 2011, 04:03 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default Steve Jobs Resigns

Steve Jobs Resigns as CEO of Apple | PCWorld

Quote:
Steve Jobs resigned this afternoon as CEO of Apple. In a five-sentence letter to the Apple Board of Directors and “the Apple community,” Jobs indicated he “could no longer meet my duties and expectations as Apple’s CEO.”

Jobs, who has battled pancreatic cancer and received a liver transplant, has been on medical leave since January of this year. Apple Chief Operating Officer Tim Cook has filled in for him and Jobs in his note recommended Cook for the position permanently.

Here’s the full text of Jobs’ letter:

To the Apple Board of Directors and the Apple Community:

I have always said if there ever came a day when I could no longer meet my duties and expectations as Apple’s CEO, I would be the first to let you know. Unfortunately, that day has come.

I hereby resign as CEO of Apple. I would like to serve, if the Board sees fit, as Chairman of the Board, director and Apple employee.

As far as my successor goes, I strongly recommend that we execute our succession plan and name Tim Cook as CEO of Apple.

I believe Apple’s brightest and most innovative days are ahead of it. And I look forward to watching and contributing to its success in a new role.

I have made some of the best friends of my life at Apple, and I thank you all for the many years of being able to work alongside you.

Steve
Old August 24, 2011, 04:04 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Not sure what subsection to put this in but mods can move it if you please.
Old August 24, 2011, 04:14 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

as Avantasia would say,
Now the time as come,
The end Begun.
And the only one, will come!

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old August 24, 2011, 07:12 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Time to buy Apple stock! It's lost close to 10% already!
Old August 24, 2011, 07:23 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

And that's just in After Hours trading...
Old August 24, 2011, 07:24 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

No matter what you think about Apple or Jobs, he did a great job with that company. Hopefully his health improves.
Fold for team #54196
Old August 24, 2011, 07:29 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisk View Post
No matter what you think about Apple or Jobs, he did a great job with that company. Hopefully his health improves.
Definitely. As much as I hate Apple, Steve Jobs did a wonderful job.
Old August 25, 2011, 01:09 AM
MVP

My System Specs

I have great admiration for Steve Jobs for his marketing prowess alone. They practically sold air to consumers for a thousand dollars, well MacBook Air. I don't know how well Tim Cook would be able fit in Steve's shoes but I'd like to see how well Apple would perform and the direction that it will be heading in the future.