LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 27, 2007, 07:30 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default Scary little gadget....

Forces of good, eh????? This is from USB News-Everything USB

News: SnoopStick, a Trojan for the Forces of Good

"Parents who want to keep an eye on their children or employers looking to watch the employee use of the PC more closely the SnoopStick is here. You plug the snoop stick into the USB port of the computer you wish to monitor and install the monitoring components which takes less than 60 seconds. Once installed you can monitor all IM conversations in real time from any PC in the world and see what email was sent, where it was sent and who received it. You can also see what websites are being visited all with no signs to the user that the computer is being monitored as well as block all social networking sites automatically like My Space. SnoopStick is Windows compatible only. If you bust your kids doing something they are not supposed to you can even send them a pop-up telling them they are grounded."

Last edited by Babrbarossa; February 27, 2007 at 07:59 AM.
Old February 27, 2007, 08:34 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Your reviews and articles never cease to amaze and entertain. Keep 'em coming.

EBAY(http://myworld.ebay.ca/scott0639)
Old February 27, 2007, 09:22 AM
Top Prospect

Ouch... what a privacy violation, heh. Does that thing have to be plugged in the entire time? Either way... I'd freak if I seen this plugged into my PC.

/me pats Linux.

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450 @ 3.20GHz, ASUS P5K Premium WiFi-AP, OCZ 8GB PC2-6400, EVGA GTX 285 1024MB
Seagate 500GB, 750GB & 1TB, Pioneer 22x ODD, Corsair 1000HX, Thermalright Ultra-120, CM Storm Sniper
Dell 2408WFP 24", ASUS Xonar Essence STX, Ultrasone PRO 750, Gentoo Linux (KDE 4.4, 2.6.32 Kernel)

"Take care to get what you like, or you will be forced to like what you get!" - H.P. Baxxter

Profiles: Last.fm | Xbox Live | Steam
Old February 27, 2007, 02:53 PM
F@H

My System Specs

No such thing as a privacy violation on my kids' computers afaic.

They've both had it beat into their heads for as long as they've had their own computers that they should assume that I can read everything they do on-line.

neat piece of kit, but it wouldn't take long for most teenagers to figure out that it's a problem. The only way it would work would be if it registered itself to prevent the computer from operating with it removed. (Turn it into a wireless nic and you've got a good start..... :) ).

I doubt I would trust it's security measures though.... I'm pretty paranoid about things which give remote access to my computers.

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 250G Samsung 840 Series SSD / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP