Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Reviews & Articles from the Web (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/reviews-articles-web/)
-   -   IMF Hacked (BBC News ) (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/reviews-articles-web/44108-imf-hacked-bbc-news.html)

ZZLEE June 11, 2011 06:48 PM

IMF Hacked (BBC News )

BBC News - IMF hit by 'very major' cyber security attack

happend a wile ago months or weeks ago.

sodaville June 11, 2011 08:27 PM

One of the high profile cyber security breaches. Again!

YukonTrooper June 12, 2011 12:44 AM

This is the biggest attack yet considering it's against one of the globalist's banking (debt enslavement) institutions.

Honestly folks, I'm beginning to wonder how many of these attacks are legit and how many are false flag ops. All of these attacks happening at such a high frequency lately raises my suspicion. Furthermore, is it just coincidence that the Pentagon announced earlier in June that they are going to treat cyber-attacks as acts of war?

Whatever the means may be, you can be ******* sure of the ends. Watch the rhetoric begin about the need for a "safer" internet, where our cyber liberties are torn from us for our "security."

LOL, call me an alarmist, conspiracy theorist, or whatever other name fits into your rationalization so that you can sleep comfortably at night. Just remember to feel free to reference this post when all doubt about what's happening has been erased.

_dangtx_ June 12, 2011 01:01 AM

you mean we'll lose more online rights that we already lost?

alarmist? perhaps a bit on the pessimistic side....or rather practical side as i call it.

Deviant June 12, 2011 05:42 AM

^
lol, weren't there attempts of making an online identity card in order to access the internet? Sad state.

Borg June 13, 2011 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YukonTrooper (Post 523843)
Whatever the means may be, you can be ******* sure of the ends. Watch the rhetoric begin about the need for a "safer" internet, where our cyber liberties are torn from us for our "security."

LOL, call me an alarmist, conspiracy theorist, or whatever other name fits into your rationalization so that you can sleep comfortably at night. Just remember to feel free to reference this post when all doubt about what's happening has been erased.

I totally agree. I talked about this during the election and other times in political posts but no one listens or pays attention. It's sad that it will get really bad before anyone takes it seriously.

Asad_A203 June 13, 2011 01:43 PM

On the same topic, it is funny how much of the Western World criticizes Iran/China for their draconian control over the internet, yet countries like the United States and Canada are guilty of trying to implement similar strategies. The Harper government I believe is still pushing to have ISPs log websites frequented and visited for a longer period of time and allow this info to be diverted to law officials without requiring a warrant. I don't doubt in twenty to thirty years that the current internet will evolve into something like Cable TV; a pay per website type service comprised of "domesticated" websites that have been deemed acceptable by the current ruling government. No more needing to be creative or ingenious to be successful, just become friends with the regulatory commission/current ruling government and you will be set.

/Alarmist rant, haha