Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Reviews & Articles from the Web

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 12, 2011, 06:59 PM
Rookie

Thumbs up Corsair Hydro Series H60

Quote:
Users considering a self-contained liquid-cooling kit should look into the Corsair Hydro Series H60. Its easy installation, affordable price, and strong performance make it an attractive proposition.

Corsair Hydro Series H60 | Device Gadget
Old June 4, 2011, 09:30 PM
Rookie

aftermarket air cooling provides more then this sadly... if not the same
Old June 4, 2011, 10:36 PM
MVP

What I would like to see is a comparison between this and the H50. I want to see if they actually are making it more efficient or if its just a rebadge.
Old June 5, 2011, 05:21 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Its better. Almost as good as the H70.

Thats all I can say right now. ;)

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old June 5, 2011, 05:30 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkG View Post
Its better. Almost as good as the H70.

Thats all I can say right now. ;)
Ha ha smells incoming review.

While I can see the appeal for some ppl these all in ones just dont do it for me, if you are going to go water then go with a custom loop, but then you have moved well beyond this price point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old June 5, 2011, 07:59 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supergrover View Post
Ha ha smells incoming review.

While I can see the appeal for some ppl these all in ones just dont do it for me, if you are going to go water then go with a custom loop, but then you have moved well beyond this price point.
Why? Custom loops used to be good in the days of when air coolers sucked for overclocking but now these units like the H60 can keep temps pretty reasonable on a overclocked 2600k.

And the costs are way lower too.
Old June 5, 2011, 01:26 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
Why? Custom loops used to be good in the days of when air coolers sucked for overclocking but now these units like the H60 can keep temps pretty reasonable on a overclocked 2600k.

And the costs are way lower too.
Because IMO if you want to try out water then build a loop, for one just about any custom loop ( as long as you are not a idiot ) will eat this for breakfast, for two there is no "teardown" with this unit there by limiting me to where I can/would place the rad, 3 you cant add anything to these units, though TBH you wouldnt want to since the single 120 rad would never handle anything beyond the cpu. and most important 4 because a custom loop can become a expression of that persons tastes beyond that unit.
So for me I just dont like them, they offer me nothing beyond halfassed temp ( for water Curt not against air) As I stated I can see why ppl might use them but that just isnt for me, like I said if I want to go water then I would do a custom loop and then this unit just couldnt hold up tempswise, or looks wise. That would be why I dont care for them in a nutshell.

Quote:
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
Old June 5, 2011, 01:45 PM

TBH, i consider these units a "gateway drug". You get hooked on how "good" they are...then you go full custom and see what GOOD really is (and then exotic..but thats another story all together). AND for many it is more than good enough and they never do beyond them. Either way its win win for the consumer :)

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old June 5, 2011, 01:59 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkG View Post
TBH, i consider these units a "gateway drug". You get hooked on how "good" they are...then you go full custom and see what GOOD really is (and then exotic..but thats another story all together). AND for many it is more than good enough and they never do beyond them. Either way its win win for the consumer :)
Dont get me wrong guys these unit have a place but just not in my case, I can see why they would be popular and I can see the market but that is just not for me.
I am not saying OMGBBQ who would buy a all in one but just not for me, I could have provided a few more reasons why but I am hungover and my brain is ringing.

As I said in my first post "While I can see the appeal for some ppl these all in ones just dont do it for me"

Hardware is subjective to the user, if they are happy with the product who am I or you to tell them different. In other words just because I like a product doesnt make it the best thing since sliced bread, it just means that I like it. If you dont like it thats fine because it was my money and it is going in my case/setup.

As always just MO.

Quote:
Old June 5, 2011, 02:05 PM

Oh yeah I agree with you mate. What is great for one will suck for another. and all these different areas are competing for our bucks yet so dissimilar its not really a horse race. THATS what makes the industry so cool. :)

Great time to be a consumer! :>