Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Reviews & Articles from the Web

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 20, 2011, 04:50 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Default Intel Reports Spectacular 1Q

"Revenue was a record $12.8 billion, up 12% sequentially and 25% year over year"
Morningstar: Intel Reports Spectacular 1Q |

I am amazed that they did so well with the problems Sandy Bridge had this quarter.
Sure Intel is more than just the SB platform but this seemed like it would have been a huge hit to their bottom line to me.
Old April 20, 2011, 05:48 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Actually, the impact of the SB recall hasn't hurt them yet. I believe the writedown for the recall is scheduled for the Q2 report.
Old April 20, 2011, 07:22 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Ya Sky that could well be.
The article does say: it appears the firm has overcome any problems that arose after an error in the chipsets that support Sandy Bridge was discovered in January
But when it comes to these types of figures the accountants can be rather creative at times.
Would be nice if AMD had this kind of depth to absorb a problem the size of SB and come out unscathed.
Old April 20, 2011, 07:10 PM
Top Prospect

how much was the SB loss again? 3 bil?
Old April 27, 2011, 02:21 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I'm sure motherboard manufacturer's are loving Intel as much as stockholders, with Intel's socket-changing policies and all.
Old May 11, 2011, 10:14 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDeeHobbit View Post
Would be nice if AMD had this kind of depth to absorb a problem the size of SB and come out unscathed.

Right now AMD will have to content with being Intel's whipping boy.

Although they do have some good products. Phenom X6 is a very nice CPU for specialized multi-threaded applications. Same goes for the AM3 socket Athlon II 160U low power chip. It draws 20 watts, runs at 20 celsius with no heatsink.