Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Reviews & Articles from the Web

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 18, 2007, 12:26 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default Overclock3D reviews Super Flower SF-609 fan master

"Just a couple of weeks ago I found myself browsing the usual retailers on the internet looking for a high quality, no thrills fan controller. It's certainly fair to say that there are plenty available from numerous manufacturers, but none seemed to be capable 'holding their own' when coupled with a pair of high-amperage draw Delta EFB1212SHE 140cfm fans.

Rated at just under 1amp each, the only controllers capable of silencing these fans appeared to be digital PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) based. For most users this is fine, but as I was also planning on using this controller with LED fans, I wasn't exactly looking forward to the 'Disco light effect' that PWM produces due to its pulsing voltage."

More @ OC3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton