Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Reviews & Articles from the Web

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 17, 2010, 07:16 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

^^^^^ Ha....I've been preaching thier since I get 2 of em back in April.....highest I've seen my Temps is the low / mid 80's with the Fan at 80%.....as for the AA/AF/CSAA....yep...crank that shvt up and enjoy !!!

Old October 18, 2010, 10:18 AM
Top Prospect

SemiAccurate (Charlie)...who is obviously not an NV fan, has more details on the GTX 580 that SKYMTL claims does not actually exist:

SemiAccurate :: Nvidia GTX580 to paper launch next month

I'm looking forward to the reviews of this card. Seems decent to me as long as it's priced accordingly.
Old October 18, 2010, 10:59 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avid6eek View Post
SemiAccurate (Charlie)...who is obviously not an NV fan, has more details on the GTX 580 that SKYMTL claims does not actually exist:

SemiAccurate :: Nvidia GTX580 to paper launch next month

I'm looking forward to the reviews of this card. Seems decent to me as long as it's priced accordingly.

He also has about 20% accuracy. Again I will state that I Trust Skymtl's Opinion on this more than anywhere else.
I am sure you will find the vast majority of members here will agree.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old October 18, 2010, 11:49 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Yup,^^^ If sky tell something most of the time it`s true. Semiaccurate is not haha. Like the inquirer. Nvidia are for sure working on something but I don't think this is the real one.

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old October 18, 2010, 12:00 PM
Top Prospect

I doubt what Charlie says is 100% true and it needs to be taken with a grain of salt. With that said, he was extremely accurate with the details surrounding Fermi and the delays that preceeded its launch. From Charlie's article I'd probably consider this summary to be true:

"Nvidia will paper launch their fastest single GPU card to date prior to Christmas."

As far as clock frequencies, CUDA cores, memory bus, and the other technical specs...I probably won't believe those until a couple weeks before launch when multiple sites have info around these "leaks."

The reason I posted the link, or even started this thread is that I believe any information about future products is good information. Of course it is speculative and it doesn't always turn out to be true, but Charlie's website exists and gets a large number of hits because quite a bit of the speculative information he provides is true. SKYTML on the other hand...his title isn't "NVidia Engineer"...it's "Hardwarecanucks Review Editor." That holds no weight with anyone but the Hardware Canucks community. He doesn't have high level contacts at nVidia to slip him details of future products. If he did, he'd be the one pulling in the advertising dollars like SemiAccurate. :p

Last edited by Avid6eek; October 18, 2010 at 12:07 PM.
Old October 18, 2010, 12:17 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

As I said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
I am sure that NVIDIA is working on SOMETHING (they are NVIDIA of course) but the layout these rumors are talking about seems to be out to lunch.
And as Charlie said:

Quote:
While there are a lot of pretty outrageous rumors going around,

Seems our thought process pretty much lines up....this time. I just said it days before he did in a less public way.

Let me put another "spin" on this one: hard launches are NEVER guarantees in this industry. EVER. That goes for anything NVIDIA OR AMD launches. Remember that over the next 3-4 months because I'll be more than happy to quote it again and again.

Old October 21, 2010, 11:49 AM
Top Prospect

GeForce GTX 580 confirmed by nVidia with website slip up:

Nvidia's website 'slips' GeForce GTX 580 listing | TechConnect Magazine
Old October 21, 2010, 02:58 PM
Banned
F@H

so its a pre paper launch? :)
Old October 21, 2010, 03:07 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

More like a tactical move on NV's marketing dept to take a touch more starch out of the 6 series launch. Dirty pool, but it does work and since it wasn't even official....they have plausible denial-ability.

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old October 21, 2010, 03:23 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkG View Post
More like a tactical move on NV's marketing dept to take a touch more starch out of the 6 series launch. Dirty pool, but it does work and since it wasn't even official....they have plausible denial-ability.
I just hope (for their sake) they are better prepared to deliver this time and not delay them like the 4xx's .....I'll believe it when I see them on the shelves.

Tags
110 spec , nvidia 580