Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Reviews & Articles from the Web

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 15, 2010, 01:52 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
After numerous conversations with NVIDIA over the last few weeks allow me to say one thing about this "news":

So it's all false Cmon Sky you can't do this to your fellow! give us the news

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old October 15, 2010, 02:07 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
After numerous conversations with NVIDIA over the last few weeks allow me to say one thing about this "news":

You've got nothing. AMD and nVidia don't have the ability to keep secrets and blindside the community with an enexpected hardware launch. The fact that so few details exist about nVidia's response to the 6XXX series means that there most likely isn't one.
Old October 15, 2010, 02:11 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avid6eek View Post
You've got nothing. AMD and nVidia don't have the ability to keep secrets and blindside the community with an enexpected hardware launch. The fact that so few details exist about nVidia's response to the 6XXX series means that there most likely isn't one.

Actually Avid, if there is one person I trust more than anyone else to actually have the 'pulse' of what is going on in the background it would be SKYMTL.

And nothing is impossible, including blindsides. Just improbable.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old October 15, 2010, 02:11 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avid6eek View Post
The fact that so few details exist about nVidia's response to the 6XXX series means that there most likely isn't one.
+1 on that (although we can dream right)
Old October 15, 2010, 02:18 PM
Banned
F@H

its much easier to get out the 512sp gf100 in all its heater glory than make a double heater but hey, winter is coming, so they may be onto something. been a while since ive run me puters on the outside.

but seriously, any news even stupid news is better than no news lol. especially while the competitor is about to come out with some better parts, performance per watt wise, i hear? :)

the comparison graphs with fermi should be quite largely interesting, if all the hype is spot on.
Old October 15, 2010, 02:47 PM
Top Prospect

but...but...no this cant be...I just bought a 470..no why...whyyyyyyy
Old October 15, 2010, 03:27 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Anyone want to sell me a 480?
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old October 15, 2010, 03:56 PM
MVP
F@H

Apparently the source for this was the same as the one for the Cayman and Bart specs in late September. Did those turn out correct?
Old October 15, 2010, 04:24 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

No response to ATI? People seem to forget a little word: Kepler.

The issue with the claims is that they assume NVIDIA will fundamentally redesign the architecture in order to accommodate two additional but completely unnecessary 64-bit GDDR5 memory controllers. In order to do this, they would have to modify the ROP array AND L2 cache distribution / balancing which is expensive in terms of risk production from TSMC.

I am sure that NVIDIA is working on SOMETHING (they are NVIDIA of course) but the layout these rumors are talking about seems to be out to lunch.

Last edited by SKYMTL; October 15, 2010 at 04:29 PM.
Old October 15, 2010, 04:31 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
No response to ATI? People seem to forget a little word: Kepler.
Kepler is a 28nm part and has no chance of seeing the light of day before 2H 2011 when both AMD and NV launch their 28nm parts. This thread is about NV's response to the 6000 series, if they even have one.

Maybe we are all just expecting too much from nVidia.

Tags
110 spec , nvidia 580