Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Reviews & Articles from the Web (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/reviews-articles-web/)
-   -   xbit : 870 chipset boards round up (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/reviews-articles-web/36960-xbit-870-chipset-boards-round-up.html)

_dangtx_ October 10, 2010 02:15 PM

xbit : 870 chipset boards round up

AMD 870 Mainboards Roundup: Asus, Biostar, Gigabyte and MSI (page 9) - X-bit labs

i knew giga would be the best, but did not expect asus to fail so miserably :)

"
In conclusion we would like to award Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3 rev.2.0 and 2.1 mainboards with our Editorís Choice title as the best solutions on AMD 870 chipset:
"

luckiecookie October 18, 2010 12:51 PM

Thanks. Look like Gigabyte 870A-UD3 is the only good choice.

_dangtx_ October 18, 2010 02:28 PM

they are all sensible choices, although giga comes on top for the mentioned reasons. if the msi was in super special i'd pick it up, else giga all the way

martin_metal_88 October 18, 2010 03:15 PM

You still have fate in Asus Dan? for all thx 8XX board I neverhave high exptection from them and review only proove I wans't wrong.

_dangtx_ October 18, 2010 03:23 PM

if you don't expect too much? yes. i wont chose them over giga unless in super special, as above, but still. they are not bad. just not good as gigabyte's offerings.

martin_metal_88 October 18, 2010 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _dangtx_ (Post 440101)
if you don't expect too much? yes. i wont chose them over giga unless in super special, as above, but still. they are not bad. just not good as gigabyte's offerings.

Yeah on intel side. But on AMD side Asus haven't spend a lot of time even with the 770 to 790. So it is not a surprise the same happen in next gen chipset. I do agree that Asus is great with P55 and X58. I would even chose a Asus P55 over a GA due to a stupid GA USB legacy issue. But well...I actually own a GA P55 so:ph34r:

_dangtx_ October 18, 2010 03:45 PM

actually the 790 line was a little more interesting.

p55 id seriously consider giga and msi, x58 hmmm....the sabertooth is cheap but do you have many coming back?

ud4p? nice units.

Behemoth- October 18, 2010 06:19 PM

I like Gigabyte more and more. they have good mobo's, nicely featured at every pricepoint, with probably the best naming scheme of the motherboard market. Love that.

martin_metal_88 October 18, 2010 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _dangtx_ (Post 440110)
actually the 790 line was a little more interesting.

p55 id seriously consider giga and msi, x58 hmmm....the sabertooth is cheap but do you have many coming back?

ud4p? nice units.

Well P55 are great from GA, I love mine. But if you have a multi OS system there is a issue, you have to unplug and replug the KB all time ( when USB ) to switch the boot OS. Never founded why, tested multiple GA P55 mobo at job, always same issue. Already tried to talk with them and the rep told me it was a known issue but nothing more he know. On the durability side, they are killer for now.

Now I would like to try MSI. Their last line up have been really impressive but I never played with one:sad:

_dangtx_ October 18, 2010 06:29 PM

do give them a try. on the intel side of things(p55) they do a killing. havent seen/heard of mass issues.