Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Reviews & Articles from the Web

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 13, 2007, 04:18 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default nVidia GeForce 8800GTS 320MB Reviewed @ TrustedReviews

"nVidia has been sitting pretty at the top of the performance tree ever since the release of the G80 series of graphics cards back in November. While ATI had a great card, in the form of the X1950 XTX, once the DirectX 10 ready 8800 showed up it was a no-brainer which to go for if you had the money.

However, for most people the 8800 series is just overkill. Unless you own a 24in, or above, monitor then all that power is being wasted. So what most of us will be getting is a mid-range card to power our more modest (sensible?) systems. Of course there are plenty of options for a mid-range card at the moment but none of them give you the reassurance of DirectX 10 support for the future. So, to tide us over while it works on its dedicated mid-range cards, nVidia has released a further cutdown version of its 8800 range to try and fill that middle ground."

More @ TrustedReviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton