Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Reviews & Articles from the Web

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 7, 2010, 11:20 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Default Cooler Master V6GT CPU Cooler

[quote]Cooler Master said that the V6GT would outperform the V8 in their reviewers guide,and it did just that.

Cooler Master V6GT CPU Cooler Review - Final Thoughts and Conclusion - Legit Reviews
Legit Bottom Line: Cooler Master’s V6GT is a solid performing cooler, albeit a little noisy, but you’re not going to hear it over your GeForce GTX 480 cranking away at full load.

"Be so good at what you do that you cant be ignored"

Last edited by jay51; July 7, 2010 at 11:27 AM.
Old July 7, 2010, 12:05 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Yes it is a beast. Yes it will beat the V8....but then again damn near any good cooler will.
Thats all I personally am saying for now on this wonderful cooler. ;)

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old July 7, 2010, 12:11 PM
Banned
F@H

looks like well have a review too :)
just like the cm 430

when are they going to make smalelr coolers and still be able to cool a ton, without weighing one? :)
Old July 7, 2010, 01:13 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by _dangtx_ View Post
looks like well have a review too :)
just like the cm 430

when are they going to make smalelr coolers and still be able to cool a ton, without weighing one? :)
We will see that happen as soon as they either make the CPU's all run more cooler (and thus more effecient)....or as soon as they perfect copying the unobtainium / profitonium alloy the area 51 scientists have been working on since Rosewell. :)~

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old July 7, 2010, 02:34 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Heh.... I'm a little bit concerned that the best they could come up with for noise levels was that the 480 is louder...... ;)

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old July 7, 2010, 10:02 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by _dangtx_ View Post
As soon as the laws of physics stop existing. In other words, never. To cool better, you need more surface area, and that means having a big heatsink.
Old July 7, 2010, 10:39 PM
Banned
F@H

lol. but seriously. how many 'scientists' in white lab coats does it take to design a winning design that actually doesn't weigh 2 pounds or more?
Old July 8, 2010, 10:09 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Or we invent a Material with better thermal transfer properties. Silver would be a good start but it has its own issues, and copper is very heavy for a whole heatsink.

It just ain't gonna happen Dan, not while we also complain that a cooler costs too much as well.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old July 8, 2010, 10:34 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
Or we invent a Material with better thermal transfer properties. Silver would be a good start but it has its own issues, and copper is very heavy for a whole heatsink.

It just ain't gonna happen Dan, not while we also complain that a cooler costs too much as well.

ST
That's only half the story though. You can transfer as much heat as you wish but unless there's a one-way transfer going on (as has been reported as news a little while back) the heatsink and IHS are going to be the same temperature until you manage to wick it away from the heatsink somehow.

I'm not a thermal dynamics kinda guy, but the way I look at it is that you need a difference in the temperature potential between the heatsink and the IHS for any cooling to happen. Even if we had a practical one-way barrier between the two, once the heatsink reaches the same temp as the IHS, no further heat transfer will happen.

Now if we could figure out a way to convert that heat energy (on the heatsink) to actual work we'd have something to look at...... maybe we need a micro-organism heat/fuelcell that feeds off heat and produces electicity which can then be used to power fans to provide better cooling......

Sorry... kinda rambling here...... must be a slow news day...... ;)

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old July 8, 2010, 12:28 PM
F@H

My System Specs

The Fans (well actually the Air the Fans Move) are what wick the heat away from the Sink. Having a better material will help improve the amount and speed at which it is transfered. If you look at the thermal properties of Metals you will see that Silver is Above Pure copper by a good fraction. The more efficent the material the higher transfer possible. Though we are limited to what the Thermal Transfer in Air is as well, which is why higher speed fans do better, because it becomes a Volume issue at that point too.

Mind you my mind isn't sharp today so I might have something wrong here lol.

I do read a lot on Thermal Properties and Dynamics, but thats in my spare time hahah. So I might be a bit off.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com