Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Reviews & Articles from the Web

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 16, 2010, 08:35 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskwarren View Post
The editor could have sent the review back with suggested changes...he had the ultimate power for that article to see the light of day. If the reviewer could not do a better job or refused to change the focus of the article, then LR would only have some explaining to do to Zotac, and not have to deal with a 'mess' like this.
Well like you said, the card was back at Zotac, so I don't think they could've changed anything in it even if the editor didn't approve of the article... Plus having the GTX 470 for 2 months instead of 1 month isn't going to help Legit Review's relationship with Zotac one iota. With all that has happened, I won't be surprised if Zotac won't deal with LR again.

AkG does have a point. However you can't really blame Apoptosis for putting up the review. It's the editor's job to go over the review, and clearly the editor didn't do his job properly. He then proceeded to send it back to Apoptosis who put the review up, probably without reading it thoroughly. I stand by my opinion that Chris is at the most wrong, but Apoptosis and the editor gotta take some of the blame as well. I understand they're short handed and busy with all that's been going on recently, so corner cutting obviously happened.