Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Reviews & Articles from the Web

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 15, 2010, 09:57 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

^^^ Wow.....I think I would tend to be a little concerned with "GPU Software Conflicts" with all those running......from what I see the only thing that Precision cannot do is Voltage Tweaks, but I've got no need for this feature....setting up simple Fan Profiles, OC'ing and monitoring "in-game" via OSD are my only "Tweaks".....as for Voltage Control, likely good for WC GPU's as the user could perhaps hit some "extreme OC's" or "down-volt" for lower Temps.....I'm not quite sure how the GPU's Throttle to be comfortable farting around with this setting.
Temps on my 480's are fine as is.....played Batman AA last night for a couple of hours (.ini File Modded for no Locked Frames).....Temps never exceeded 74c with Fans at 78%....ambient Temp in the room makes a HUGE difference.

Hey Belgolas...you still running your 280 as dedicated PhysX in the mix? Curious as you stated you saw gains in Batman AA with it.....that must have been running the Bench Test?......I got 100 FPS Avg on that test and you have to unlock the .ini Config File from 62 FPS to see anything higher.......as I mentioned before, I think running the 280 as PhysX with SLi 480's is hardly worth the extra heat....

Old June 15, 2010, 11:23 AM
F@H

My System Specs

There's no conflicts rj, they are all just monitoring what's there until you hit the apply button. And I'll be using the voltage tweak again once I've got better cooling on the card.
Old June 15, 2010, 12:10 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbarker View Post
played Batman AA last night for a couple of hours (.ini File Modded for no Locked Frames)
How do I do change to get no Locked Frames?

Old June 15, 2010, 01:42 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Ok guys stop going off topic.

Zotac GeForce GTX 470 Video Card Review : Legit Reviews Review Forum

Gomeler (Chris Morrell) replied now. He defends his review. I call BS.
Old June 15, 2010, 02:01 PM
F@H

My System Specs

We've been discussing the Zotac 470 and overclocking of it, based on the review link that you posted.

And his results are probably correct, if skewed. 2 DX11 benchs featuring heavy tesselation, and a Nvidia optimized game. Of course it's going to kick the 5870 in those tests. The question is what his reasoning is for not doing a full range of games and resolutions.

Oh, and link for Nvidia The Way It's Meant to Be Played games list is here: The Way It's Meant To Be Played
Old June 15, 2010, 02:04 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarJ View Post
We've been discussing the Zotac 470 and overclocking of it, based on the review link that you posted.

And his results are probably correct, if skewed. 2 DX11 benchs featuring heavy tesselation, and a Nvidia optimized game. Of course it's going to kick the 5870 in those tests. The question is what his reasoning is for not doing a full range of games and resolutions.

Oh, and link for Nvidia The Way It's Meant to Be Played games list is here: The Way It's Meant To Be Played
He says that he was moving or something like that. Imo, no review is better than a crap review.
Old June 15, 2010, 04:22 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbarker View Post
Hey Belgolas...you still running your 280 as dedicated PhysX in the mix? Curious as you stated you saw gains in Batman AA with it.....that must have been running the Bench Test?......I got 100 FPS Avg on that test and you have to unlock the .ini Config File from 62 FPS to see anything higher.......as I mentioned before, I think running the 280 as PhysX with SLi 480's is hardly worth the extra heat....
Ya I saw not only huge gains in the benchmark but also decent gains in game. I don't play many physx games now so am not sure if I still want it in there creating more heat and power. If more physx games don't come out I may just sell the 280 and get another 480 water cooled or just keep 480 SLI.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old June 15, 2010, 05:19 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

A couple people are telling Apoptosis to take the review down, but he's not gonna do it for now as he's trying to contact Zotac apparently. I don't think it should be taken down either, but something must be done to make it more like a proper review. Maybe state that it was a rushed review?
Old June 15, 2010, 05:51 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by geokilla View Post
A couple people are telling Apoptosis to take the review down, but he's not gonna do it for now as he's trying to contact Zotac apparently. I don't think it should be taken down either, but something must be done to make it more like a proper review. Maybe state that it was a rushed review?
Why would he need to contact Zotac when the issue is the review methodology? The card is perfectly fine, they need to clean up the review or take it down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarJ View Post
I have and it's been my regular for fan profiles for months. It doesn't have the voltage control option, at least that I can see.

And I take it back about Afterburner, you have to change the settings to enable voltage control. Today is the first time I've played with it. It works fine now.

So I've got Precision, Afterburner, Zotac's Firestorm, and Inspector on my machine. I think I'll be able to set whatever I want on my GPU.

EDIT: Here's what they all look like, BTW.
BTW, the final version of Afterburner 1.6 was released last week, I had issues overclocking with beta 5. Thought you might wanna grab that instead.
Old June 16, 2010, 08:43 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Zotac GeForce GTX 470 Video Card Review : Legit Reviews Review Forum - Page 3

Thread has been locked. However, Apoptosis has removed the article from the front page and it has been heavily edited. He also states that Zotac won't comment back or even send Apop an e-mail or anything of that sort.

He's apologized to the community as well. I think he did the correct hing, as LR always does.