Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Reviews & Articles from the Web

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 14, 2010, 07:20 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilya View Post
I know for a fact that this card has voltage modding locked by default.
Source please? I thought all reference 470's had voltage adjustments.
Old June 14, 2010, 07:31 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

^^^^ Yeah I was also under the impression that both the 470/80's were capable of Voltage tweaks.......surprised you haven't dove into that 2nd 470 yet Sugar ;)

Old June 14, 2010, 07:40 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbarker View Post
^^^^ Yeah I was also under the impression that both the 470/80's were capable of Voltage tweaks.......surprised you haven't dove into that 2nd 470 yet Sugar ;)
I just fired up Nvida Inspector, and I'm able to adjust the core voltage to a max of 1.087 v. My card came at 1.025 v stock.

However, MSI Afterburner doesn't let me adjust the voltage.

As for a 2nd card, the only reason I had 2 GTX 285's is because I won one of them. I'm comfortable with single card configs, and it's cheaper when I buy waterblocks too.
Old June 14, 2010, 08:05 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarJ View Post
I just fired up Nvida Inspector, and I'm able to adjust the core voltage to a max of 1.087 v. My card came at 1.025 v stock.

However, MSI Afterburner doesn't let me adjust the voltage.

As for a 2nd card, the only reason I had 2 GTX 285's is because I won one of them. I'm comfortable with single card configs, and it's cheaper when I buy waterblocks too.
Strange, because MSI Afterburner is the only thing that lets me unlock voltage control on my card. My GTX 470 came at 950mV stock. I wasn't talking about all 470's in general, I meant the specific Zotac reference card in the review, because I have the same one.
Old June 14, 2010, 08:22 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Not going to go off topic, but how's overclocking with NVIDIA Inspector? I never heard of it before. Thought MSI Afterburner was one of the best...

Got a couple replies over at LR, though nothing relevant to what I said.
Old June 14, 2010, 08:26 PM
Banned
F@H

very interesting indeed, lets see what gives.
Old June 14, 2010, 09:09 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

The Vantage, Hawx and Heaven benchmark numbers line up with others I've seen. I would question why they used those 5 benchmarks. I don't read there reviews, not sure if its the benchmarks they use for all there reviews or not.
Using Hawx as a performance benchmark is a joke imo

Old June 14, 2010, 11:08 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilya View Post
Strange, because MSI Afterburner is the only thing that lets me unlock voltage control on my card. My GTX 470 came at 950mV stock. I wasn't talking about all 470's in general, I meant the specific Zotac reference card in the review, because I have the same one.
So do I.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geokilla View Post
Not going to go off topic, but how's overclocking with NVIDIA Inspector? I never heard of it before. Thought MSI Afterburner was one of the best...

Got a couple replies over at LR, though nothing relevant to what I said.
The nVidia Inspector program is out of Germany. Looks good so far. GPU-Z reports what I've set on the card.
Old June 14, 2010, 11:18 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

^^^^ Wondering your not just using Precision?....curious is all....

Old June 14, 2010, 11:28 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbarker View Post
^^^^ Wondering your not just using Precision?....curious is all....
I have and it's been my regular for fan profiles for months. It doesn't have the voltage control option, at least that I can see.

And I take it back about Afterburner, you have to change the settings to enable voltage control. Today is the first time I've played with it. It works fine now.

So I've got Precision, Afterburner, Zotac's Firestorm, and Inspector on my machine. I think I'll be able to set whatever I want on my GPU.

EDIT: Here's what they all look like, BTW.
Attached Images

Last edited by SugarJ; June 14, 2010 at 11:40 PM.