Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Reviews & Articles from the Web

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 9, 2010, 02:02 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

As a long time DFI user and fan this really makes me sad. I cant believe Oskar Wu is now in the industrial division, what a friggin waste of his talents. I hope a competitor offers him a deal and he gets out of that company.
Old June 9, 2010, 02:07 PM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by sswilson View Post
They never seemed to recover from S939's demise, and the fact that Nvidia Chipset motherboards fell out of favour. They did release quite a few S775 boards, but they were quite pricy, and didn't really offer anything that wasn't available on boards produced by more mainstream manufacturers.
I think you summed it all up with that paragraph.

I only had one DFI board, P45 JR, and it was a great board but pricey, as you mentioned, compared to others. Before I got that board I never bothered doing research about DFI support and their BIOS support for that board was horrible. Their forum also sucks with I-know-it-all mods. I am sure if they just lower their prices and better their support they will be back in the game in no time, they just have to stop thinking that they are the best overclocking board manufacturer.

Old June 9, 2010, 03:02 PM
Banned
F@H

well, abit didnt keep mr wu, looks like dfi can, for now.

not sure its a waste, the mans a genius be it with oc versions or not.
Old June 9, 2010, 03:38 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I bought one of their boards, it was a nightmare. The BIOS was bugged and every 'fixed' version was even worse. But that's the price you had to pay if you want a S939 board that used AGP and had an Nvidia chipset.