Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Reviews & Articles from the Web

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 18, 2010, 05:07 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Yes, you could return it....but not because its false advertising (they would never admit that). IIRC they have like a 15 day return policy and thus would be cool with the return after only a week :)~

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old May 18, 2010, 05:12 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkG View Post
Yes, you could return it....but not because its false advertising (they would never admit that). IIRC they have like a 15 day return policy and thus would be cool with the return after only a week :)~
Haha well I'll have to look for other opportunities to cause trouble when bored.
Fold for team #54196
Old May 18, 2010, 05:58 PM
Banned
F@H

kinda off topic but i read somewhere about people taking advantage of return policies and always having stuff to return..man thats mean....and we get shafted with higer prices later one(rant)
Old May 18, 2010, 07:01 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Nice Article!

Can't stand people(salesmen) showing off their 'dynamic contrast ratio'.
Old May 18, 2010, 08:45 PM
Hall Of Fame

I cant stand sales people. Period. A majority, not all, are just as full as crap as these manufacturers. They feed you all these fancy names and tech. specs that mean nothing, only to get you to buy it, so they make some comission. Yes, that is their job, but give me a break.

Very good read though
Old May 19, 2010, 01:49 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmuseMe View Post
I cant stand sales people. Period. A majority, not all, are just as full as crap as these manufacturers. They feed you all these fancy names and tech. specs that mean nothing, only to get you to buy it, so they make some comission. Yes, that is their job, but give me a break.

Very good read though
I worked for a boutique home theater outlet doing their installs and overheard our salesman talking to a guy that had just came from best buy. He was suspicious of some of the claims of the salesman at BB. The D-Bag salesman was claiming that Plasmas crapped out way more than LCDs, so he should buy an LCD. On top of that, if any pixels goes bad in the screen they could remove them with "pixel tweezers" and have them replaced When we both laughed out loud the guy knew for sure it was crap and bought a Pioneer Elite Plasma.

Other things that just bend me out of shape is the complete shafting of customers on big box stores display adjustment to sway the purchase of a substantially more expensive set. When LED T.V was just hitting they had 3 T.Vs lines up with a new LED. They completely borked the colour representation of all but the LED and lowered the brightness to stupid low levels. I wanted to grab the remotes and fix them.

I have a JVC HD950 projector and love every minute of it :)
Old May 19, 2010, 08:05 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtletrax View Post
I worked for a boutique home theater outlet doing their installs and overheard our salesman talking to a guy that had just came from best buy. He was suspicious of some of the claims of the salesman at BB. The D-Bag salesman was claiming that Plasmas crapped out way more than LCDs, so he should buy an LCD. On top of that, if any pixels goes bad in the screen they could remove them with "pixel tweezers" and have them replaced When we both laughed out loud the guy knew for sure it was crap and bought a Pioneer Elite Plasma.

Other things that just bend me out of shape is the complete shafting of customers on big box stores display adjustment to sway the purchase of a substantially more expensive set. When LED T.V was just hitting they had 3 T.Vs lines up with a new LED. They completely borked the colour representation of all but the LED and lowered the brightness to stupid low levels. I wanted to grab the remotes and fix them.

I have a JVC HD950 projector and love every minute of it :)
LOL at the story!!!

@ OP: Great find :)

I think this should be stickied.

-Plato
Old May 19, 2010, 02:47 PM
MVP

My System Specs

the response time part might be a bit off, some times overdrive will over compensate and it'll give you the results of their response test.

Old May 19, 2010, 05:20 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Heh when buying our plasma T.V. we found it for sale at one place but they didn't have any in stock at that store. So we went to Bad Boy store because we they price match. Well at first they told us no they wont go that low because it was like $300 lower than their price. So we look around the store a bit and the guy comes back and said that he called the manufacturer and they would pay for the below cost price (so apparently it is below cost :p). So about 20 minutes later we are at the back of the store at a table were it is quiet. He says they got it down to that price. Now he goes on saying we should get extended warranty. He goes on taking for like half an hour. He goes from saying stuff like electronics are like a bell curve where most of them don't break till after a year or something like that. Guess what the extended warranty was $300 lol. When my parents said no the guys face just dropped. He then got all angry and said "don't you care about my commission?"

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old May 19, 2010, 05:47 PM

My System Specs

It is a rather good article to read over. Although for me personally I don't even look at any manufacturing specs of the display. I read reviews and look to see how the picture on the display actually is.