Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Reviews & Articles from the Web

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 17, 2010, 02:29 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Smile Asus Matrix 5870 Platinum

I got lucky with those cards. I've been saving toonies, believe it or not. A friend bought something of mine that I had wanted to get rid of, and rather than do the smart thing and wait for a while, I figured if it was burning a hole in my pocket, it would most likely get frittered away.

In hindsight, a larger SSD for the OS would've been better, but another friend got a 980x and suddenly found he needed some money in a hurry. He gave me a price that I couldn't refuse. Now a friend in need isn't someone you take advantage of and even though this was mentioned, I was assured that wouldn't be the case. A bunch of us are going to get a little tin of money together to get him another, hopefully we'll have enough for christmas. Maybe if the rumoured 5970 ROG comes out by then, it could be a likely alternative. I like the look of this new card, however the performance vs cost doesn't add up.