Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Reviews & Articles from the Web (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/reviews-articles-web/)
-   -   LINUSes New beast LOL the cooling :) :) (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/reviews-articles-web/31887-linuses-new-beast-lol-cooling.html)

ZZLEE May 8, 2010 11:37 PM

LINUSes New beast LOL the cooling :) :)

Keep the cats away or they will get learned

YouTube - Super Secret Project Revealed - 2 Boreas TEC Coolers on a Phenom II X6 1090T Linus Tech Tips

New biuld LOLS Needs lesons from "TIN"

ImmaPC May 9, 2010 12:51 AM

Cooling's pretty sweet. I wouldn't mind two of those...or a sick quad-rad setup for a *little* less. But why stop at Thuban? Why not grab one of those EVGA SR-2 things and get some Xeons on that S.O.A.B :punk:

He pronounced Phenom wrong. It's pronounced like "fee-num," not fenum with a short "e" :haha:

gingerbee May 9, 2010 04:00 AM

very cool but just a quick question could you not get way better temps and better power rating with just a tec block on there? i ask because i don't know. a big thank because i was thinking about that board and know i know it's a good clocker.

Digikid May 9, 2010 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImmaPC (Post 375398)
Cooling's pretty sweet. I wouldn't mind two of those...or a sick quad-rad setup for a *little* less. But why stop at Thuban? Why not grab one of those EVGA SR-2 things and get some Xeons on that S.O.A.B :punk:

He pronounced Phenom wrong. It's pronounced like "fee-num," not fenum with a short "e" :haha:

He does that. Ask him to say Asus and he sounds hilarious because he says it wrong.

Nice setup though....now replace it with a better brand ( Intel ) and motherboard and THEN run that puppy up! :canadianwave:

jcmaz May 9, 2010 07:52 AM

i pronoun it Venom :)

KeepSix May 9, 2010 10:09 AM

"Better" brand? pfft

Kayen May 9, 2010 01:27 PM

Did someone say "better brand", and is downplaying AMD here ?
Geez. Intel fan boys these days .

belgolas May 9, 2010 02:20 PM

Well the higher end Intel CPU's are much, much faster. Although I wouldn't really call Intel the better brand. Both are equally good in their own way.

That is an extreme and over kill cooling solution!

AmuseMe May 9, 2010 02:32 PM

Wouldn't AMD be a "better" brand in terms of quality? The quality of the company name itself, not the product. I only have limited knowladge here, but isn't Intel always running into law issues? CMethaphor knows all about his :thumb: I would still buy an Intel processor, because bencharks show it scores higher, runs faster, and overclocks higher. But saying that they are "better" just isnt right in my opinion.

bojangles May 10, 2010 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmuseMe (Post 375571)
Wouldn't AMD be a "better" brand in terms of quality? The quality of the company name itself, not the product. I only have limited knowladge here, but isn't Intel always running into law issues? CMethaphor knows all about his :thumb: I would still buy an Intel processor, because bencharks show it scores higher, runs faster, and overclocks higher. But saying that they are "better" just isnt right in my opinion.

Again, both have their ups and downs :thumb:. Price plays a huge role in your system :).