Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Reviews & Articles from the Web

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 1, 2010, 06:08 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

With EVGA you will NOT void your warranty installing this or ANY after market cooler.

I think this is a great product and will buy one. It may not be the best cooler but keep in mind that it lowers the noise, is very afforable, and is only a single rad. Plus that was a significant overclock he had. At stock clocks he got in the 70's for load. Coolit is coming out with a dual rad for SLI and I can't wait for those reviews. I probably will get coolit to do a tripple rad for SLI as you can get coolit to do custom cooling.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old May 1, 2010, 06:48 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Unhappy CoolIT Omni ALC

I own XFX and they didn't seem too enthusiastic about my removing stock cooler and installing aftermarket. Perhaps if I plead with them or ask them to install their own cooler I'll get somewhere.
Old May 1, 2010, 02:33 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technokat View Post
not overly impressed with their load temp, a good h20 setup can run these cards at 50-60 loaded not 85 like this thing :/
I'm sure those temps are attainable with a good H2O setup. The question is how much will it cost? Estimated costs for full coverage waterblocks will probably be in the $150 range for each card. Add rads, tubing, fittings, pumps and whatever else will be required and there goes your cost factor. Future interposer plates for the OMNI system will be in the $80 range for each card. This system will also be a bonus for people who upgrade their cards frequently. Resale of your old plates to upgrade to new plates will be very cost effective.

I think CoolIT is on to something here. I for one am very curious to see how it all turns out.

EBAY(http://myworld.ebay.ca/scott0639)
Old May 1, 2010, 02:43 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Smile CoolIT Omni ALC

I must admit I'm very intrigued. Am looking forward to someone posting something when they come out.
Old May 1, 2010, 10:18 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I am waiting for the dual rad reviews.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
Old May 2, 2010, 07:04 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Smile CoolIT Omni ALC

Yeah, it would be nice to see the performance of a double. That's what I would get if I was going to buy one.
Old May 2, 2010, 11:10 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

There is one thing I don't like about it and that is the fact that you have no control over the fan speed. Considering this can be used to help make a system quieter you would think they would find a way to allow fan control on it.

Old May 2, 2010, 11:22 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Well you can install any fan you want. But anything is quieter than the 480 except for a few crazy fans.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
Old May 2, 2010, 12:18 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaine View Post
There is one thing I don't like about it and that is the fact that you have no control over the fan speed. Considering this can be used to help make a system quieter you would think they would find a way to allow fan control on it.
"What's useful is that a built-in controller powers both the pump and the attached 120mm fan via a single three-pin header. That can be connected to any unregulated motherboard header, and whilst there's currently no way to manually adjust fan speeds, the OMNI A.L.C. will regulate fan speed based on coolant temperature."

Who's to say that you can't isolate the fan from the rest of the system and plug it into a fan controller as a mod? I'm sure when HWC does a review on this unit points like this will be looked at.

EBAY(http://myworld.ebay.ca/scott0639)
Old May 2, 2010, 01:33 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Thumbs up CoolIT Omni ALC

The more I look into a wc system, the more I like this setup. I hope they send one to HWC for review. If anyone can put it through it's paces, it's our people!!!