Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Reviews & Articles from the Web

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 18, 2010, 07:27 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi Warrior View Post
You have no idea how much I would love that.... that's the reason why half of the people who buy macs did so - Adobe multimedia products.
EXACTLY. I dont know what apple was thinking. Apple has more to lose in the long term then adobe does. Good luck trying to convince photoshop experts to convert to the iClone and convince a judge that it doesnt infringe on any of adobe's IP. Hell good luck trying to convice photshop expert TEACHERS to learn the iClone app instead of yanking the macs from their labs and sticking in cheaper, easier PCs and continue to teach photoshop to their class (which will indeed break the adobe + mac cycle). If Adobe does that it will litteraly kill off a good chunk of apple's already small market.

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old April 18, 2010, 09:22 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Then all Adobe would need to do is offer very reduced rates for upgrades to move from the old unsupported Mac products to the new CS5 family for PC.

I'm sure even just mentioning the idea of this to Apple could possible make them reconsider their stance on the apps. Of course that is unless they don't care anymore about the desktop market.

Old April 21, 2010, 05:59 AM
Allstar

Wink

Bad move Apple. You better start kissing some rumpass in a hurry. The IPAD is a dismal excuse of technology, blatantly lies on there specs for the G5, etc etc and now this...can we call it what it is? a propriety, choke sucking technology?

It's not that bad, just had too many beers this morning

CHEERS
Old April 21, 2010, 07:45 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Can't remember where i saw it but it was relating to the iPad and apple claiming that html5 is going to be the way of the future, that its lighter and faster. Anyone actually know any website or company using html5?
Old April 21, 2010, 08:03 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Youtube has a beta of HTML5. The big thing HTML5 has not be proven to do is games! The worlds most popular game (Farmville or Farmtown or w/e) is Flash! I don't see it being re-done in HTML5. I think there are some bugs with the flash clients but most of the problems are derived from crappy code and bad plug-ins than an inherent problem with the engine.