Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerbee View Post
what team is he oc for?
Pure....

Old April 10, 2010, 08:19 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

ya thought that was him always pimping the hat/toque. and ya gpu problems ahhh. is it just me or are there a lot of evga boards there. and this is the asus ROP OC.

Last edited by gingerbee; April 10, 2010 at 08:26 PM.
Old April 10, 2010, 08:54 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

ah cake the much need food for the night ha ha. dunce cap on me maximums mb doh

Last edited by gingerbee; April 11, 2010 at 09:38 AM.
Old April 11, 2010, 06:52 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

What were the results for today?

Old April 13, 2010, 12:50 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Sunday was a bust...literally. ASUS was scrambling leading up to the event and rules were changed last minute and the whole Sunday just turned into a mess. regardless, it was the best competition format ever! ASUS, OCZ, Corsair, Intel, and everyone that helped out did a great job. all nine of us benchers had a blast and that is all that counts. i have posted my "summary" of the event over at XS HERE, so go ahead and read it if you want to see my thoughts and a few of the photos i managed to get off.

the next time this event is put on, trust me, it will be THE overclocking event to watch. you won't have to be there, you will be able to watch from the comfort of your own home, and you will be in for a treat...i will make sure to it!

here are just the photos from the event, commentary to a minimum as i need to get my head in some text books...

what do you pack when you travel?

LN2, check

the calm before the storm...and what a storm it was. you should have seen our area by saturday night.

hardware, check

Charles, AKA Fugger half asleep saturday morning listening to Francois from Intel...

still not sure why this presentation was given to a bunch of overclockers...

Francois being Francois...

Chew from team XS early on Saturday...

Allen from OCA doing CPU-Z...

Mike G from team XS with his flourinert setup...

BrianY from my team working on our X58 R3E + 4x5870 setup...

...and said rig from above. the OS let us down on day. trying to get 4 cards working with an OS that already has drivers installed and not being able to do anything to the OS is not fun...we never got the rig running and it ruined us for day one because we took the SPi 32M and wPrime in the X58 category as well as SPi 32M on P55. we were the only ones to pot our cards so if the OS would have played nice, we easily would have won day 1

day 2 was a different story with 4 cards as we ran them most of the day...

the funny thing is that this is P55 with an 860 Lynnfield. having four pots on 5870's with a Lynnfield for 06 and Vantage is a joke beyond comprehension, but it was the only benches we thought we could get the records in...

we fell short because our CPU ran out of gas...severely CPU limited, the worst part was that i didn't bring my 860 from home thinking there is no point, it would have been strong enough to take the records and win day 2

we ran into rig problems late in the day due to rushed insulation and were forced to really use all our resources to get back up and running for one final push...

as i said, this was a great event...best format by far...and the next one will be even better. thanks again for all the support over the years HWC

Last edited by 3oh6; April 13, 2010 at 01:01 PM.
Old April 13, 2010, 01:16 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

just found some photos from Jake who managed to capture me doing what i do...a rare photo indeed.

day 1 running 32M on X58. a total of 2 or 3 runs total is all we ran, and won it easily. i was happy at that point as we had two of the five top scores on X58 within an hour and spent 5-7 of LN2 to do it. that is why we went with potting the cards, we had the time.

another of me running 32M, completely zoned out to the world...concentrating on loop times.

this must be day two, far more relaxed and enjoying the day much more than day 1

more of our 5 pot Lynnfield rig...we still can't stop laughing at the fact we actually ran that rig as hard as we did, and how much effort we put into such a weak setup...

apparently i did fill the dewar once this weekend, who knew?

I also found the recorded UStream video of our Sunday...

III x III OC SUMMIT - TEAM PURE 04/11/10 01:56PM, III x III OC SUMMIT - TEAM PURE 04/11/10 01:56PM asusrog on USTREAM. Computers

We are definitely having too much fun in the video...definitely a great day.

Last edited by 3oh6; April 13, 2010 at 01:43 PM.
Old April 13, 2010, 01:45 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

At the end of the first day when you guys were done the web cams were left on so we could hear the results but the second day the cams were turned off when you were done so it was hard to get info.
It was fun to watch, hope you got some free gear. Thanks for the pictures I'll check your post on XS.

Old April 13, 2010, 02:38 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

thank 3oh6 that 1156 what was it she topped out at? thank for uploading sunday.

Tags
1156 , 1366 , asus , iii , rog