Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Reviews & Articles from the Web

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 18, 2010, 09:28 AM
Quadfather

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
I would hinder performance if they were to do this, not improve it
Why? Proof? Presumably @ 45nm they could fit it all together easily, and the directly downdraft cooling shown in the pic (admittedly probably not the final version) will easily cool it more efficiently and quietly than the ducting system before. Downdraft in this case also looks to be cooling GDDR3/5 that surrounding the CPU/GPU combo.
Old March 18, 2010, 11:28 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
I would hinder performance if they were to do this, not improve it
I was only referring to the product, not the graphics. This would not do anything to performance, it HAS to stay the same. Otherwise this would be a NEW Xbox, not a 360 slim. It really can't change..... although they could bump up the clocks b/c this would mean the GPU is 45nm (down from 90nm or 65nm).
Old March 18, 2010, 05:15 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Ah I am not arguing that PC is worse no PC has much better graphics but what I am arguing is that the consoles still provide good graphics especially that they are cheaper than just a graphics card alone. For a 5 year old system it is pretty good. Lets see your 5 year old graphics card pull that off.

What I think is funny though is that these consoles are going to last for at least a few more years. By that time with Crysis 3 or Metro 2034(or what ever the next one is called) the games are going to look so much better. Plus with 3D and multi monitors PC is getting a much better edge.

Also the PS3 is getting 3D too but 3D takes up a lot more power to do so they will have to drop their graphics so it will be even worse.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old March 18, 2010, 05:26 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by belgolas View Post
Ah I am not arguing that PC is worse no PC has much better graphics but what I am arguing is that the consoles still provide good graphics especially that they are cheaper than just a graphics card alone. For a 5 year old system it is pretty good.
Why don't you just go ahead and say that you have lower standards than the rest of us then, instead of making silly statements?
Old March 18, 2010, 05:50 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero82z View Post
Why don't you just go ahead and say that you have lower standards than the rest of us then, instead of making silly statements?
Don't know why you are personally attacking me but if I had low standards in visuals I wouldn't have a 30" monitor and Tri-SLI.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old March 18, 2010, 05:58 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by belgolas View Post
Don't know why you are personally attacking me but if I had low standards in visuals I wouldn't have a 30" monitor and Tri-SLI.
It's not an attack, it's an observation. I have a 1080p monitor and a single GTX260, yet I still find that console graphics are awful. Therefore, you must have lower standards than I in that respect since you seem to have no problem with console graphics. As long as you're okay with it, then that's fine. But my only problem here is that you're making statements that console visuals are comparable to PC visuals, which is not remotely true.
Old March 18, 2010, 05:59 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

He's not personally attacking you. You feel that way because you said something and you're not able to back it up. It happens to all of us.

Eventually we all learn to STFU unless we're ready to debate.
Old March 18, 2010, 07:03 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perineum View Post
He's not personally attacking you. You feel that way because you said something and you're not able to back it up. It happens to all of us.

Eventually we all learn to STFU unless we're ready to debate.
Well said brother, well said.
Old March 18, 2010, 07:54 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Those screen shots are touched up big time. Uncharted 2 looks good but not that good. Just finished it last week. I do agree some games look nice but like you said it's more on the artistic design and tricks to make them that way. Technically they suck. Usually exclusives look decent. Multiplats make my eyes bleed compared to the PC versions.

EDIT I think I came too late to this party! Play consoles for exclusives everything else PC!

Old March 18, 2010, 09:22 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I agree with belgolas in that the games look pretty decent being played on what would be the equivalent of a 7800gt. OBVIOUSLY they won't look good as a PC games on current hardware, I don't know why this arguement is even going on. I think cause he said that they look pretty close to PC games. They are 720p though which is way to small, but you should be sitting back a good 5 feet at least when you're playing a console anyways. I still like to game on my PS3 but have been more into my pc for the last several months. That should change when I eventually decide to pickup GoW 3 and FFXIII.