Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Reviews & Articles from the Web

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 23, 2010, 04:13 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Well I dunno where you were working but if it was in any of the Ontario systems, then maybe.
Old February 23, 2010, 05:18 PM
Allstar

Yes Ontario
Old February 28, 2010, 07:37 AM
MVP

My System Specs

I don't know about the rest of you, but I routinely download over 300 GB per month with Shaw and have never been capped or charged for it. I switch between Xtreme and Warp (15 and 25) depending on whether or not I feel like blowing the money, but in either case, I've never been capped. Always thought they would say something, but not yet. Maybe they just don't care in Fort McMurray haha
Old February 28, 2010, 03:44 PM
Top Prospect

Bah... I would definitely switch over to Shaw if good upload speeds are available, and if they are also available in Ontario.

Damn it, I want Verizon to come over to Ontario...

25Mbps/25Mbps with no Cap for around $70 a month is a bloody awesome deal in comparison to the BS scams Canadian ISPs are currently offering.

Tried to get the fastest Upload line available for residential areas, ended up getting the Bell with 7Mbps.
BUT the upload speeds only reaches around 4Mbps at the best... Scams...
OCZ Vertex 120GB, Kingston V 128GB, Raptor X,
Antec Mini P180 CM UCP 700W
Samsung 240T, 226BW
Logitech G15, Microsoft X8

Watercooled by:
Swiftech Storm Rev.2 , 4870x2 FCB
1xMCP350 w/Petrastops , MCR220 QP , MCRES-MICRO , Tygon 1/2" ID
2 x Scythe Kama Ultra 1000
Old March 1, 2010, 10:45 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

up to one gigabit per second.

I don't know..... bell, videotron, rogers had the ability to go up to a certain speed long ago, they just did not activate it/upgrade the ends line.
Old March 2, 2010, 01:45 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quebec is the worst when it comes to internet access. We have 2 companies that pretty much control the market at the moment.
Videotron and Bell in which they both suck.

Try to figure this one out.
The Bell Centre, where the Canadiens play, is not even a wifi hotspot. I still can't understand how McDonalds can offer FREE wifi and BELL, in their own building, can't do the same. And to insult you even more, they have people walking around with Blackberry's and a handset offering free long distance calls. Now seriously, who are you going to call long distance when you are at a hockey game? Instead, give free Wifi maybe you will make people happy and switch to Bell. Myself, I wouldn't switch to Bell because they are just a total ripoff.

My 2 cent
Old March 2, 2010, 03:40 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

I agree,if we only had more choice in Ontario.I hate the 60 gb cap with Rogers and don't
want to move up to the next package considering the speeds almost stay the same.
Old March 2, 2010, 04:33 PM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AERo View Post
Bah... I would definitely switch over to Shaw if good upload speeds are available, and if they are also available in Ontario.

Damn it, I want Verizon to come over to Ontario...

25Mbps/25Mbps with no Cap for around $70 a month is a bloody awesome deal in comparison to the BS scams Canadian ISPs are currently offering.

Tried to get the fastest Upload line available for residential areas, ended up getting the Bell with 7Mbps.
BUT the upload speeds only reaches around 4Mbps at the best... Scams...
Personally I would rather have 49Mbps/1Mbps. Unfortunately I am limited to Telus which is 15Mbps/1Mbps
Old March 3, 2010, 09:56 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by puroman1 View Post
I agree,if we only had more choice in Ontario.I hate the 60 gb cap with Rogers and don't
want to move up to the next package considering the speeds almost stay the same.
Try teksavvy they have unlimited plans for 40$ a month, but only at 5mbps down and 1mbps up. Still better than Rogers cutting my limit from 60gb to 25gb. I can actually download stuff now without the fear of being charged up the nose for extra bandwidth.
Old March 3, 2010, 05:53 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Is TekSavvy pretty good? I'm thinkin of switching but their online tool says they don't offer service in my area. I don't understand since I know my neighbours have Bell DSL. I might just give them a call and see. This 25GB a month thing is horsesh*t.

Tags
1 gbps , internet , shaw