Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Reviews & Articles from the Web

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 16, 2009, 08:23 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Bah, why the hell is AMD still alive. They should be in the dirt like they would have been if Intel didn't roll out their stupid NetBurst crap. I just hope Intel gets its ass up and rolls out their 32nm. ATM they better be hot on the heels for 28nm. I suspect 32nm won't last long.
2x XFX 7870
Adata SX900 256GB
Toshiba 1TB
Galaxy 1000W
Antec One
Old November 16, 2009, 09:02 PM
Quadfather

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmaPC View Post
Bah, why the hell is AMD still alive. They should be in the dirt like they would have been if Intel didn't roll out their stupid NetBurst crap. I just hope Intel gets its ass up and rolls out their 32nm. ATM they better be hot on the heels for 28nm. I suspect 32nm won't last long.
Your closed-mindedness and complete ignorance is a disgrace. Having one company run ANYTHING is always a bad idea. Perhaps you'd like the price of processors to vary like the gas prices? Ooops, did I just say Monopoly? Ugh.
Old November 17, 2009, 12:52 AM
HaDeS

for all we REALLY know AMD and INTEL are owned by the same person. It's like coke and pepsi some people like coke some people like pepsi.

I know what I like... a reasonably price cpu that runs everything and the last thing I want to see is an intel monopoly that would be bad for everyone. And don't be sillly immapc. Intel has hosed me so many times... In fact I hate giving them my hard earned money. The only time I felt hosed by amd is when they switched from the ddr to the ddr 2 aka 939<>940

Last edited by HaDeS; November 17, 2009 at 12:59 AM.
Old November 17, 2009, 07:22 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

This is just another step towards gpGPU computing. Sharing loads between the two will warrant unprecedented speed increases. Should be interesting to see.
Old November 17, 2009, 07:47 AM
Quadfather

My System Specs

Very good point bojangles, when they start adding in the on-die GPU cores these processors will be able to handle most anything thats thrown at them. Is it still considered a gpGPU then? Since its not just a graphics platform but really the "hub" of the whole system. gpCPU doesn't sound right either, as these processors with gpu cores, cpu cores and others will all share the same silicon.
Old November 17, 2009, 09:26 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

It would be nice to see AMD get back into it again. I was once a blind fanboy of AMD until until I got my i5 and I have zero regrets. Would be nice to back to AMD, but that the moment they just dont provide the raw grunt i need, And the difference between a phenom 955 @ 3.8ghz vs an i5 @ 3.6ghz is astounding because at those clocks the intel outright trounces amd.
Old November 17, 2009, 06:53 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmaPC View Post
Why would you want AMD dead? One company ruling things is never a good idea.