Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Reviews & Articles from the Web

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 15, 2009, 05:59 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default P55 Extreme Overclockers: Check your sockets! [anandtech]

If you plan on overclocking your P55 past current 4.3GHz limits on air or water, you need to be aware of... AnandTech: P55 Extreme Overclockers: Check your sockets!
Old October 15, 2009, 03:55 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Ah I was going to post this too. After reading it, it seems that the problem is only with Foxconn LGA1136 sockets.
Old October 15, 2009, 05:38 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by geokilla View Post
Ah I was going to post this too. After reading it, it seems that the problem is only with Foxconn made LGA1136 sockets.
Fixed. This also happens to mean just about 1/2 of the sockets out there. Its much more then just Foxconn boards, affecting Asus, Gigabyte, among others.
My Disclaimer to any advice or comment I make;
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about
Old October 15, 2009, 05:45 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

sagath beat me too it ha ha foxconn comes on all kinds of boards depends what is in stock at the time of production