Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Reviews & Articles from the Web

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 17, 2007, 04:18 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default HardwareZone reviews MSI NX7600GS-MTD256E-HD

"Fueled by the large onset of high definition media and increasingly affordable prices, HDTVs have become one of the top most sought after upgrades to any home entertainment system. Among these buyers, there is the growing group of power users who prefer using their computers as media hubs instead of consumer electronics equipment. For these home theater PC (HTPC) owners, one of the most important requirements for a media-centric system is to have a graphics card with hardware acceleration capabilities for H.264, VC-1 and MPEG-2 HD formats as well as being HDCP compliant, allowing content playback from protected HD media such as Blu-ray and HD DVD.

While HDCP enabled graphics cards have steadily become the norm, we're beginning to see a larger influx of graphics cards catered exclusively for media center duties with proper HDMI output connections. The latest such card to hit the market is MSI's mid-range NX7600GS-MTD256E-HD."

More @ HardwareZone

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton