Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Reviews & Articles from the Web

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 12, 2007, 06:18 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default bit-tech reviews Asus Crosshair

"The Asus 'Republic of Gamers' series of motherboards is a new range of enthusiast/gaming orientated motherboards. It's fair to say that a lot of computer hardware component manufacturers are trying to jump on the "gaming" bandwagon in order to try and differentiate their products from the wealth of motherboards that are designed for enthusiasts.

The Crosshair is Asus' first realisation of the Republic of Gamers concept; it's based on the nForce 590 SLI chipset for socket AM2 Athlon 64 processors and amalgamates some interesting features. These include a rear LCD display as well as discrete on-board LEDs and heatpipe cooled chipsets, but does it strike the right chord, as a gaming/enthusiast motherboard or does the scope fill with condensation and cause the Crosshair to misfire? We find out."

More @ Bit-Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton