Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Reviews & Articles from the Web

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 3, 2007, 07:34 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default Legit Review Has Sneak Peak - Ultra Products 2000W ATX Power Supply

"Bigger is always better right? It seems that way when it comes to the computer industry and today's annoucement of the upcoming Ultra 2000W power supply should be no suprise to those that follow the computer hardware. The Ultra X3 Modular 2000W PSU has a footprint that is similar to the PC Power & Cooling 1000W power supply. This means this PSU comes in at 10.25 inches long and doubles the power rating all while keeping the same form factor!

While 99% of our readers might be scratching their heads wondering why release a product with so much power, George Ali from Ultra can answer that for you. "It's not so much that we believe personal computers today need as much as 2000W of power," explains George Ali, Vice President of Sales and Marketing for Ultra Products. "In fact, most household circuits can't even provide the AC power this unit would require in order to put out 2000W of DC power. But there's the always-inevitable questions of 'Do I have enough power?' or 'Does my power supply have enough juice where my high end components need it.' That is why we have put together this 2000W unit; as the end all of power supplies as far as DC output goes. With as much as 1800W available on the 12V alone, there should be no concern whatsoever that there is enough power available for quad core, quad GPU or large drive arrays."

More @ Legit Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton